What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Has to be a new MacBook pro. My 2010 one is now just too slow running lightroom. It's been great but time to change.

I’ve just done the same, upgraded to the base 15” 2018 MacBook Pro from 2013 13” retina. Noticed a hell of a difference. Lightroom is a lot faster and more responsive. I was getting to the point of wanting to throw my old one out the window every time I used LR.

It’s expensive but personally it’s made a real difference.

Has to be a new MacBook pro. My 2010 one is now just too slow running lightroom. It's been great but time to change.

Exactly what I've just done, my 2010 17" is being replaced next week with a used 2018 i9, 32GB, 2TB model and as it's that much more powerful the 2008 Mac Pro is going too, looking forward to it!

Sigma 24-105 Art is in my head currently, but what I really need is a good bag, so something from Domke or Think Tank will be next

just picked a droplet trigger, so time to invest in some Godox flashes and such, any recommendations?

Like a Retrospective 5?

Alas not really big enough, as it happens I have Retrospective 6 that I used with an A7, but now that I have ditched it and gone to a D750 its not really big enough, probably need to sell that actually.

200mm f2, second hand from someone moving to mirrorless. Got great results when I rented one, looking forward to getting it. Still a winner for low light fast action.

Lusting after a Canon 35mm 1.4 II and the 56mm fuji

In second instance the 100-400 MK2

!!

Knowledge. I lust after knowledge. All this modern computer stuff, mobile phone stuff... I have never even seen an iPad. I have seen other people using them but it is a dark art that evades me. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere that teaches how to use any of this stuff though. You go in the Vodaphone shop or wherever and ask if they'll show you how to use one if you buy it - and they say what do you want to know how to do? I don't know, what does it do and how do I do it? It has got to the stage I cannot turn our new TV on unless it is left on TV settings. I just don't understand how it works. Anyone with any ideas of courses I could go on, please let me know what they are.

Knowledge. I lust after knowledge. All this modern computer stuff, mobile phone stuff... I have never even seen an iPad. I have seen other people using them but it is a dark art that evades me. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere that teaches how to use any of this stuff though. You go in the Vodaphone shop or wherever and ask if they'll show you how to use one if you buy it - and they say what do you want to know how to do? I don't know, what does it do and how do I do it? It has got to the stage I cannot turn our new TV on unless it is left on TV settings. I just don't understand how it works. Anyone with any ideas of courses I could go on, please let me know what they are.

If I ever co-host another shooting meet in the Worcester area and you come along I shall try to impart some technical knowledge on you ;)

How about
https://www.barclays.co.uk/digital-confidence/eagles/
Lloyds do something similar called "Digital Champions", though I can't find details beyond how to set yourself up as one.

I think these are both free. Presumably they'll have an agenda, but again presumably they'll be ordinary people helping you get around your own devices rather than the sales guys at the Apple Store etc.

How about
https://www.barclays.co.uk/digital-confidence/eagles/
Lloyds do something similar called "Digital Champions", though I can't find details beyond how to set yourself up as one.

I think these are both free. Presumably they'll have an agenda, but again presumably they'll be ordinary people helping you get around your own devices rather than the sales guys at the Apple Store etc.

There are some decent folks on here! Not everyone has to be condescending and dismissive. Thank you LC2, I had never heard of any of these. IO shall ask my bank if they do anything similar (Nat West), failing that I shall open a pocket money account with Barclays, because there is one in town!

A stack of conservation grade mountboard to frame some prints with. The choices are endless, but the current shortlist is of Arqadia Minuet and Star White.

i've ordered Hasselblad X1D II, 80mm 1.9, 3 batteries and a dual charger... i can't get no sleep in anticipation..

And I've ordered some more 5x4 DDSs and a box of FP4 to put in them; and some more ink for my printer in anticipation of making some prints.

Ultimate lens hood on order :) plan to use for arials

Tamron 17-28/2.8.

Since when Tamron lenses get so expensive? The 17-50mm on Canon is like £300 !!! this is £900 !

Some sort of new lens for my motorsport photography at some point in the next 7 months before the 2020 season starts.

There a few things on my wish list list. The replacement for the Sony A6500 be it the A6700 or A7000, a Sony A7iii with 24-70 f4, and prime perhaps like 85mm.

Couple of AD200's would be nice with some flash stands.

I have most of what I need so only a few items to compliment what I already own.

Back