Where The Heart Is..

First off, great concept Robin - really well seen - and good conversion too.

The problem for me with this one is that while the heart is strong in the frame, it's dominated by an out of focus woman who seems to have walked into the picture while you were photographing the people across the road. I'm sure that's not really what happened, but the subject needed to be in focus and the distracting people OOF to tell the story that I think you're trying to present. HTH

First off, great concept Robin - really well seen - and good conversion too.

The problem for me with this one is that while the heart is strong in the frame, it's dominated by an out of focus woman who seems to have walked into the picture while you were photographing the people across the road. I'm sure that's not really what happened, but the subject needed to be in focus and the distracting people OOF to tell the story that I think you're trying to present. HTH

You're right..I was aware of her about to walk into my frame, that was gonna be the shot and I knew she would be unsharp due to movement, the heaart bit was a bonus

Robin

I have no problems with the woman being out of focus. She is moving into the frame and having her 'pin sharp' would freeze that motion. It creates a certain uncertainty about her status and adds a dynamic to the picture.

Back