Where \ what to photograph in November in the UK

akr

Name
Al
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I am probably not going to be working in November, which will hopefully give me the opportunity for a few day or multiday trips (I can;t go for more than a few days at a time as I have a young family).

I have somewhere I know I can see Kingfishers and I will probably head to Donna Nook for Seals pups, but any ideas?

I would really love to photograph, and to be honest, just see, some wild Owls. Other birds or prey also.

I realise a lot of this needs some field craft, discovering areas but I will only have a few days so ideally somewhere with hides or areas to try and stake out. Just any ideas really - I'd like to try and take advantage of this opportunity, though it might not be the best month!

Thanks

Al

and I will probably head to Donna Nook for Seals pups, but any ideas?

If you do go, don't rule out seeing Short-eared Owls over the salt marshes. There's a couple of small car parks just below Saltfleet, easily found on Google maps.
I've no personal experience of photographing Shorties over there but been told its worth a look in winter.

Try Lunt meadows for SEO's which is usually good october time but they might be around still in november, perhaps have a go at the rut with deer if its still happening in november

Following this thread. I am hoping to grab a couple of opportunities to brush the dust of my camera and lenses to grab some wildlife shots. Probably around the hampshire/berkshire region. Any ideas are welcomed

Plenty of kingfishers to be found along the Thames, with a lot between Reading and Pangbourne. I saw three of them flying in tight formation a few weeks ago but they were gone before my hands got the message from my brain to start lifting the camera...

Mind if I ask where you plan on going to see kingfishers?

Of course. It's a park called Brookmill Park - it's very small in Lewisham, London but if you stay an hour I'd say you'd have an 80% chance of seeing one. Meant to be quite a few all along the Ravensbourne river.

Thanks England. Might try and see if i can grab a few hours at some point and head that way

Back