Which Mac Software for straight to printer

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I have been asked to do a meet & greet event and I was wondering what Mac software is needed, so I am able to take photos of fans with stars on my 5D MKIII and send it to print on a Canon IP printer, via usb & MacBook.

Many thanks

The Mac should see the printer automatically. Go to System Prefs. Select Printer & Scanner. You'll see a column on the left side. Make sure the printer is plugged into the Mac and switched on. Simply click the + tab at the bottom and the Mac should find the printer and configure it automatically.

The Mac should see the printer automatically. Go to System Prefs. Select Printer & Scanner. You'll see a column on the left side. Make sure the printer is plugged into the Mac and switched on. Simply click the + tab at the bottom and the Mac should find the printer and configure it automatically.

Thanks for that, but I was thinking more of the lines of what software for automatic viewing then send to print of the images. Am thinking that Liveview tethering via Lightroom and then print is the quickest option.

Sorry miss understood your post. If you are using Canon equipment their capture software will let you do what you want as well. Plus its free ( with the camera). I've used it in the past and its a simple operation. If you have Lightroom that will work fine as you say. The advantage Lightroom has is you can produce custom print a packages, so its a bit more versatile.

I would set up a watch folder with an Automator action to print any new arrivals in that folder.

Then either shoot directly to the folder (risky) or preview in LR then for any images that you want to print just export it to the Watched folder. I've also used a watched folder with Preview for this - just spot new files and pop them up full screen. But Lightroom handles all the tedious stuff of getting the pics into the folder in the first place.

If you want to get fancy, you could use Hazel to keep the folder tidy - or Hazel could handle the printing for you if you like.

https://www.noodlesoft.com/

Back