Which of these should I get printed and framed?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
If you have a look on my Gallery
I would like to adorn my home walls with some of my shots.
Which of them do you think I should get printed, enlarged and framed?

Please feel free to suggest as many or as little as you want, or even say "none, they're all rubbish". Im a big boy, I can take it :)
Seriously though, I will not be offended in the slightest at all if no one likes them :)
Im just after other peoples views.

I think for some sort of size guide I was thinking of around 20"x10" (ish) at a guess.

If you require pics of my living room as it is, just ask :)

BTW There is a page two to that gallery ;)

edited by eosd to correct broken link

i personally like the sunset ones and the windmill,
the sunsets could be cropped into extreme wide format and would make great pics,
but to be honest,
they is ur pix and it is ur wall, lol
so u got to go with what u like, not necessarily your visitors or anyone else ( well as long as ur mrs has a say i suppose )

MyPix

the windfarm shot and the sunsets are worth printing(well they are all good)i really must get some better shots loaded up!

Whats the wall like ? i mean whats your decoration style (Dark/Light timber, or wall colour)

As a Metrosexual (Straight bloke into interior design) I imagine the choice of picture should compliement the style of room, for example an image with lots of blue sky would look poo in a green room, or a black framed shot in a room with furniture in light timber.

On a slightly off topic note, I saw a small print in a huge mount and frame the other day, I thought it looked cool. a rough image of what I mean is below:

MountIdea1.jpg

Thanks for the input guys.
I know it's ultimately my decision and I need to go with what I like, but I honestly cannot make my mind up (I'm like a woman in that respect).
That's why I'm asking for other peoples opinions.

I've just noticed the windmill shot is wonky too, damn, will have to have a tinker round with that one.

The sunset ones (Ferry across the Mersey) are a couple of my faves, will have a tinker in PS to see what they look like extra cropped.
Unless you two were referring to the one with the duck in? (Which is actually a sunrise).

As for the room, my Mrs will have a say regardless. Doesn't mean she will get her way, but she will definately have her say.

I'll take a picture of the room tomorrow, but in all honesty I don't think it will make a blind bit of difference really as it's not exactly 'colour coded','co-ordinated' or even 'categorisable' like Metrosexual. I live in a ground floor 2 bedroom cottage flat with a wife and two kids (Its a big flat really), on an ex-council estate. Hardly penthouse apartments at the quays ;). :D

The furniture and decor we threw up because B : we liked it at the time, and A : It was cheap enough.

I'll stick a pic up tomorrow regardless (no point taking it now without decent daylight).

I'm thinking of doing an idea I got while talking to Steve. He was putting certain pictures in certain rooms of his house, to theme it so to speak.
I'm toying with the idea of thinking of a theme and specificially taking the photos to frame and hang in each room. IE Planning it beforehand. Something to think about.

I like the manchester airport shots... but the thing is.. nice as they are... we've all done that.

SKYLINK3.jpg

That was actually just a hand held snapshot with a little Coolpix camera.... I never got around to going back and doing it properly, as I since saw at least 10 other shots of it from that angle... I'd have to go and do something different I think :)
I like the other industrial type one too.. the bridge thing that's all red, green and blue. I also like the footprint in sand one.

how about this for an idea,,

DO ALL OF EM 8) ,

and swap em around at a whim, lol, so u get the best of all worlds

MyPix

I finally managed to get some time to note down my favourites from the ones that you have put in your gallery. The first three I like in their own right but as we have said previously when talking about this subject, I personally think that having a themed room, showing images based on a similar style or subject would work well. In the end I guess it all depends not only on the photos but also the room, frames, sizes and colours.

031102_6393b_600.thumb.jpg
031122_0144b_600.thumb.jpg
040531_1010b_600.thumb.jpg

I know the story behind this last picture and think that as a personal photograph to you and Louise it should have some special place for display in your house.

040721_1210t_600.thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

I think I have narrowed it down to the four shown by Steve above.

The footprints and the sunset one are a definite, as is the 'Reflections' (which I think I should do, untitled).
Not *too* sure about the wind turbines. Im not too keen on the sun wrapping round the 'trunk' of the foremost one. I suppose I could edit it out though.
If I dont get the turbines done, the I'll opt for the windmill instead (after rotating it slightly ;))

Once again, thanks very much for the replies, it's great to get the thoughts through the eyes of other 'photographers' (I use the quotes on the term, as I don't even class myself as good enough to be an amateur photographer).

Now to go look at some frame sizes and styles :)

BTW Here is my living room
I've included a quick MSPaint sketch so you can see which photos are pointing where. The circle is the dining table next to the door that leads outside and the adjoining window.

lr0.jpg

lr1.jpg

lr2.jpg

lr3.jpg

lr4.jpg

lr5.jpg

Yes the decorating is old ;) And the room isnt exactly colour coded, it's a mix and match over the past couple of years. It *used* to be colour coordinated and what not, honest....

Bows down at the impressive paint skill, pictures 3 and 4 are a tad underexposed though... :LOL:

If I told you I shot them in full Auto, jpeg, and the only framing I thought of was to tell the wife to "shift a sec", would I be in trouble? :D
Oh and I think a couple of them I noticed were 1/50 @ handheld...:O shock horror :D Nawty bod :D

Back