Which Printer ?

Canon Pixma Pro

Epsons are fiddly to get good results and have a fixed head so if they ever block they are a nightmare to fix.

Canon are easier to set up and fix when they go wrong like all printers do.

Canon Pixma Pro

Epsons are fiddly to get good results and have a fixed head so if they ever block they are a nightmare to fix.

Canon are easier to set up and fix when they go wrong like all printers do.

Well, Epson certainly had a reputation in the past for clogged heads. Not heard of it happening at all these days.

Pixma Pro 100 drinks ink like it's going out of fashion. I had a similar dilemma last year and the ink consumption put me off completely.... in the end went for an Epson SCP600 - works flawlessly straight of the box, handling printing directly from LR PS.

I’ve used Epson for the last 20 years and although great quality there was always the dreaded print head problem but I went from the 3800 to the SCP800 two years ago and it’s just as chuckles said.... great prints... easy setup... no problems... highly recommended

Hardly a fair comparison, the scp 600 is 250 quid more than the Canon and the scp800 a whopping £650 more

The op asked about two specific models, not how much better more expensive printers are

It wasn’t a comparison, chuckles said he was in a similar position last year and gave the reason he Didnt go for the canon and I agreed with his comments re Epson albeit mine was a larger version but same system

Hardly a fair comparison, the scp 600 is 250 quid more than the Canon and the scp800 a whopping £650 more

The op asked about two specific models, not how much better more expensive printers are

I agree. I went to the Epson site as I didn't know anything about the ET7750. It seems to me that even Epson themselves are doing a massive £200 discount on it. That usually means one of two things; the didn't sell and they have huge stocks or they're planning to discontinue it. The SCP is a similar price and a worthy equivalent.

(Also the price comparison you made should be ET7750 against SCP600 not Canon to SCP800 which is an A2 printer)

Last edited:
I agree. I went to the Epson site as I didn't know anything about the ET7750. It seems to me that even Epson themselves are doing a massive £200 discount on it. That usually means one of two things; the didn't sell and they have huge stocks or they're planning to discontinue it. The SCP is a similar price and a worthy equivalent.

(Also the price comparison you made should be ET7750 against SCP600 not Canon to SCP800 which is a A2 printer)

I have the Pixma Pro 10 that is probably a better comparison with the Epson SCP600
It also has a reputation as being bad on ink, not really noticing that myself and certainly doesn't have clogging issues

Epson the op mentioned looks rather expensive for a five ink system and would choose the Pro 10 over the 100
It has pigment ink and agitators that stir the ink to stop it clogging, the Epson you mentioned certainly looks better on paper than the do it all ET775

I've had an epson, I now have a canon Pixma. Both drink ink depending on what you are printing. The head clogging I always found terrible with third party cartridges, so would stick with manufacturers cartridges.

Back