Captive Whipsnade Nutters Meet 2017 Photo Thread

Last edited:
Just tell Mrs DK to have two birthdays like the queen :D

I celebrate 2 birthdays! My actual birth and the day Mr Haden gave me my life back.

Loving all the shots - shame I didn't make the trip but I'm sure there'll be other opportunities!

My picks from each set...
Mike's wolverine with the ice floe, Chris's red panda triptych, Mark's tiger, Marc's lynx (!) and Ruth's lynx portrait (the 2nd of her posted shots.)

Well another great day (other than the weather) on the Nutters day out at Whipsnade Zoo. Here is a few of my shots from the day. Bit difficult to get some good shots due to the lack of light but loved the walk round with some good friends. Thanks Chris. Look forward to the next one.

my favorite from yours malc is the red panda ...lovely (y)

Unfortunately appointments clashed so unable to earn my badge this year. Great photos, and as mentioned previously, the snow enhances the shots. Well done brave souls.

They were a little weren't they ? :D

nice set Ruth :)

Thank you. :)
It was nice to get a few good shots, despite the day being more about the craic. :)

my favorite from yours malc is the red panda ...lovely (y)
I think everyone finally got a good shot of the Panda. If it was not eating behind a big leaf it was at the top of the tree !! thanks for the comment

Not a lot wrong with those Andy @andy0306 (y)
Love the startled expression on the Panda :D

There's some great photos appearing now. Its good to see we all got a few that we were happy with. For me the star of the day was the Red Panda, she was on good form. I also like Ruth's Lynx shots (some good eye contact and detail), Malc and Andy's Otters are very pleasing too. Weirdly I also like the elephant in the snow, something a bit different :)

It was good to catch up with everyone (y)

Suppose I'd better stick a few in here also :D
(Others are available here :D )

Sod this I'm outta here!

129A1338
by Chris, on Flickr

Even the Penguins were sheltering from the Antarctic conditions.

129A1341
by Chris, on Flickr

Better stick a Panda shot in I suppose

129A1358
by Chris, on Flickr

As I said elsewhere, if only it had been a little 'Otter

129A1364
by Chris, on Flickr

Thanks - I was so hoping for snow ... thank god for global warming....lol

I was so hoping for snow ...
You have no idea how many virgins I had to sacrifice for that little flurry, or indeed how hard it was to actually find the afore mentioned :D

Hi all. Can anyone tell me why a lot of the photos are not showing. they have a cross by them. Look forward to your replies

Back