Whitby Abbey....BW or Colour?

Definitely colour, theres so much warmth in the image, it'd be a shame to lose it.

Definitely colour, theres so much warmth in the image, it'd be a shame to lose it.

Thanks Steve. At this time of year, even in late morning, the light is fantastic.
I thought I'd give BW a go given the location, but I prefer colour too.

I appreciate your opinion. :)

What Steve said - don't know how you downsized it but the big file I imagine looks a f*** ton better.
Thanks, Steve.
This place was a "bucket list" location for me.
I'm considering printing the large file.

Not sure what's going on, but both images look very tonally compressed to me - wonder if it's something to do with how firefox is handling the image?

Well, it's very odd. 99.99% of the time I prefer colour images, but on this occasion I prefer the BW. Whitby is a great place, we try to go there a few times a year as it's only an hour or so from us and great day out.

Well, it's very odd. 99.99% of the time I prefer colour images, but on this occasion I prefer the BW. Whitby is a great place, we try to go there a few times a year as it's only an hour or so from us and great day out.
I envy you being that close.
There's such a great atmosphere up there.
I think it's a combination of the history, the myths, the view and the cemetery.
I loved it.
Thanks a lot for commenting.

I like the colour version with the warmth of the stone, but given the vampiric (?) history of Whitby I would have a play with the BW version to try and get it a bit more moody and menacing, not put very well but you get my drift

Black and white for me as well, I have a number of shots around Whitby on my walls after falling in love with the place when I took part in a charity Pirate festival and later the Goth/steam punk festivals. I find it a great place for photography and the people are fantastic.

Back