Whitby Harbour in black and white

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
My alarm woke me at 04.15 this morning and I set off from York and drove over to Whitby. I was hoping to capture the morning's sunrise and I would have preferred some partial cloud cover, just to add a little interest to the sky, but it wasn't to be today.
So, when there's very little colour, a black and white can sometimes work well?

That's very nice Andy, great comp, spot on exposure, with a good mono conversion.(y)

George.

I've seen many shots of this location but nothing better than this. I really like the deep dark tones. There is just enough interest in the sky and sea to keep them interesting, but not so much that they distract from the pier

An early start and competence with the camera can produce great results, - and here's the proof.
Lovely composition, balance and pp.

I think this is a difficult place to shoot but you've done it perfectly. Love the contrast and mood here

I like that it works nicely.

I really like that and sometimes, mono is the way to go. The composition smacks you in the face(y), very good.

Monochrome suits it perfectly (y)

Looks even better framed. Lovely work. Just out of interest where did you purchase the frame, looking to buy a few and that style would be just perfect? (y)

Richard, it was a friend of a friend who makes his own frames.

Back