Whitby with Ilford HP5

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
So I thought I would treat myself to some film and dust off the old Canon AV-1. Buying some Ilford FP4+ 125ASA film from ebay I went up the road to Whitby. Unfortunately on loading the film I spotted they'd sent me HP5 instead.
Not wanting to waste the journey I shot the film anyway.

Really enjoyed shooting with film again and think I will be trying again with FP4+ another time in another location.

Here's a selection of some of my shots.

660c3f0ea3.jpg

660c489027.jpg

660c50b52f.jpg

660c5b2273.jpg

660c6652dd.jpg

660c73f02b.jpg

660c815e2e.jpg

660c8b83d9.jpg

That's a very nice set, Simon. I was going to write, nothing wrong with HP5 (and there isn't, really, specially in MF) but then I remembered I never shoot it myself (Tri-X for me). No 6 and the last are my favourites.

Hi Simon. great set:clap::clap::clap: I used to use HP5 many moons ago. Its really good and can be used at 200asa and I have even pushed it to 6400asa. Bet you are proud of your two lovely children and that gorgeous dog. love No7 but would have been better with his legs. No4 helped with a tilt to left as it is leaning to right. Needless to say loved the shots of the children and the dog:) Do you process. your own film?

Hi Simon. great set:clap::clap::clap: I used to use HP5 many moons ago. Its really good and can be used at 200asa and I have even pushed it to 6400asa. Bet you are proud of your two lovely children and that gorgeous dog. love No7 but would have been better with his legs. No4 helped with a tilt to left as it is leaning to right. Needless to say loved the shots of the children and the dog:) Do you process. your own film?

Thanks it was quite handy to shoot hp5 as it wasn't the greatest day light wise. My dad processed the film for me and I scanned mine and his with my 100mm and a shoebox light box set up.

Thanks. I'm hoping to load the camera up with some actual FP4+ soon and head out again. Really enjoyed shooting on film again.

Nice set there - I'm there next week for half term - so I suspect there will be more folk about!

Back