North England Whitby

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I will be spending a couple of day's in Whitby shortly, any advice on good photographic places would be appreciated.

Whitby.
All of it.

As the man says, so much to look at and photograph, even got the bonus of Steam trains now

Only been there once, kids October half term week and never seen so many Goths what with it being very near Halloween.
Actually that's possibly not quite true, saw a fair few when I went to an Evanescence gig last month

The abbey and the steps leading up to it ,is very photogenic and also the cobbled back streets around the steps, lots of fascinating little nooks and crannies, doorways passages etc allover Whitby ,the whalebone arch on the opposite side of the harbour,beach huts,,there's an unending supply of subjects in Whitby ...enjoy

If you are agile and sneaky you can get up to the Abbey for sunset/sunrise. Don't ask me how. You'll have to work that our for yourself.

There are so many nice places to photos in Whitby, but if you also trek outside Whitby there are some glorious opportunities too. Such as the North York Moors.

I like walking between the rail stops along the Esk valley, very photogenic, at any time of the year. For example take the train to Dalby and then walk to the next stop, Castleton, then catch the train back after having lunch at the local Eskdale Inn. :beer:

I like walking between the rail stops along the Esk valley, very photogenic, at any time of the year. For example take the train to Dalby and then walk to the next stop, Castleton, then catch the train back after having lunch at the local Eskdale Inn. :beer:
Thanks, but I don't think if I could(leg problems) I would not have time for that.

Back