White Horse.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Some pics of a white horse at Kenfig Nature Reserve. Pressume its wild, long mane, tail etc........., as it was just in the open and close to the lake. Couple of different crops.

Spot the female Blackbird? in front of horses leg on Pic 2.

Wold Horse by Simon Rees, on Flickr

Wild Horse by Simon Rees, on Flickr

White Horse by Simon Rees, on Flickr

Simon, I reckon that shot needs a lot of cropping to put the horse just right of centre and remove all the extraneous detail that does not help the main subject.
I'd edit out the ugly fence, too. :)

I agree with Doug- I took a few minutes to edit the 2nd shot - Cropped off centre - lost the ugly fence too

here

Les

The edit is much better Lez, and thanks. My PP skills are not very good so thanks again.

Huge improvement, Les. The shot has impact now.

Thank you Doug, it was your suggestion after all

The edit is much better Lez, and thanks. My PP skills are not very good so thanks again.

It's all practice buddy- glad you liked it

Edit loads better... @Lez325 can you start editing my shots ;)

An attractive looking horse though. :)

Yours do need some editing Bryn :p:p:p

Looks great after edit.

Cheers

I like the crop size of the second one best and the edit (nice suggestion, arclight) improves it loads. Nice one!

Steve

Glad you like my effort

Les

Huge improvement, Les. The shot has impact now.

Edit loads better... @Lez325 can you start editing my shots ;)

An attractive looking horse though. :)

Looks great after edit.

I like the crop size of the second one best and the edit (nice suggestion, arclight) improves it loads. Nice one!

Steve

Thank you Doug, it was your suggestion after all

It's all practice buddy- glad you liked it

Yours do need some editing Bryn :p:p:p

Cheers

Glad you like my effort

Les

Had a quick play in LR with removing the posts and fence etc.................... Not as good as Les's effort, but it's a start.

How did you got about cropping out the posts Les, was it small sections at a time?? you have kept the water a lot better and did you use LR??? My edit is a leraning curve by me, but I can see that theres some masking overlay on the horses body and looks over sharpened by me going over the body with the masking. ??? I haven't altered sharpening compared to original.

20150619-DSC_5900 by Simon Rees, on Flickr

I have to agree that this edit is not as good as the one Les did. No offence intended Simon - and as a beginner, my opinion is worthless :) - but when I look at the one Les did, it seems 'just right' somehow. I suspect he might have done this before (a few times?)

Steve

No problems Steve, all opinions are valued.

We all have to learn with photography along with the presentation of photos and with the processing. I haven't got much patience with PP but I need to learn loads and spending some time getting used to it.

Also, I'm usually the type of person who likes to see the image as how it was taken, except for cropping, but in this instance, the work Les has done has improved the photo loads.

Back