White Peak Fail

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd give the white peak a looking at on Saturday, in particular Chrome Hill. A 2.45am alarm call and I arrived around 4am. Forecast was looking particularly good and this was backed up by the view as i was driving there. There were signs of an inversion forming in the valleys too! Awesome sauce.

A little run up to the top and a quick scout of the place for a composition, watching the mist swirl and twirl around the distant hills, the view was cool. Well, it was until quite literally ONE minute before sunrise when the mist rolled in. FMAL!!! The view was gone along with any chance of a sunrise shot. Brilliant.

Managed this on the way down though which I was quite pleased with:

in the presence of giants - explored
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Then on the way home I stopped to pap this as ironically the light was simply epic:

Chasing The Light

Eat Sleep Rave Repeat - Alarm is set for Saturday for another go. :hungover:

Thanks for looking y'all.
David.

Thought I'd give the white peak a looking at on Saturday, in particular Chrome Hill. A 2.45am alarm call and I arrived around 4am. Forecast was looking particularly good and this was backed up by the view as i was driving there. There were signs of an inversion forming in the valleys too! Awesome sauce.

A little run up to the top and a quick scout of the place for a composition, watching the mist swirl and twirl around the distant hills, the view was cool. Well, it was until quite literally ONE minute before sunrise when the mist rolled in. FMAL!!! The view was gone along with any chance of a sunrise shot. Brilliant.

Managed this on the way down though which I was quite pleased with:

in the presence of giants - explored

Then on the way home I stopped to pap this as ironically the light was simply epic:

Chasing The Light

Eat Sleep Rave Repeat - Alarm is set for Saturday for another go. :hungover:

Thanks for looking y'all.
David.

Gotta admire your enthusiasm and determination David. A couple of great shots, if you don't mind me saying so

Back