Whitethroat

Lovely shot of a lovely wee bird. Nice pov, setting, colours and bg. Very natural

Brilliant photo.
Composition is super as well.
Image for a magazine.
Would have been very happy if I took this.

Thanks very much, Brash.

Lovely shot of a lovely wee bird. Nice pov, setting, colours and bg. Very natural

Hi saglik

No, not for a magazine, just for me ( and the Forums ) really, I don't offer my work for publication anymore.

Brilliant photo.
Composition is super as well.
Image for a magazine.
Would have been very happy if I took this.

Andy...

Thanks very much, Brash.

Hi saglik

No, not for a magazine, just for me ( and the Forums ) really, I don't offer my work for publication anymore.

Andy...

I meant to say it would be more than good enough to publish it in a magazine.
I think it was that good and some more.
Inspirational to see images of this caliber here. Well done.

I meant to say it would be more than good enough to publish it in a magazine.
I think it was that good and some more.
Inspirational to see images of this caliber here. Well done.

Sorry I misunderstood, that's a very kind compliment indeed.

Cheers and much appreciated.

Wow , amazing shot and the detail is just great , very pleasing on the eye and the background and colours is spot on :)

Andy, a really interesting image in many ways ....... up there with the best that I have seen on here this year

Last edited:
Brilliant - tack sharp, perfectly exposed, perfect background and perfect composition. What more is there to say !

Very pleasing whole scene, so much so even the bird is relaxed :D

Loving all your photos Andy they are all really good to see please keep them coming

@ Maria and Mark...Thanks very much.

Loving all your photos Andy they are all really good to see please keep them coming

Thanks Adam, pleased you like the shots, I have a few more to share (y)

I know I keep saying it, but thanks once again Guys, I really appreciate the feedback (y)

Just interested in the stats of bird photog.

Was the shot a chance photo, or did you set up a hide in a likely spot and take your chances?

Having bird watched in places where the more unusual birds are around, its still a long wait for the little lbj to turn up!

Great shot......

Just interested in the stats of bird photog.

Was the shot a chance photo, or did you set up a hide in a likely spot and take your chances?

Having bird watched in places where the more unusual birds are around, its still a long wait for the little lbj to turn up!

Great shot......

Ey Up, Mark...

I had been watching a pair of Whinchat for a couple weeks ( no Hide ) and studying there flight paths and favoured perches, so basically doing the ground-work so I'd be in a position to take some shots. But when I returned to the site a pair of Whitethroat had moved into their territory and chased off the Whinchat, so I concentrated on the Whitethroat instead.

As for it being a Chance Shot, I suppose it's a case of Yes and No, Yes because I was expecting to photograph Whinchat and No because I had done all the hard ground-work for the Whinchat.

I suppose, as with all Wildlife photography, there is an element of luck, but I find if I put the time in I tend to be quite lucky.

I know what you mean re the long waits, sometimes I have waited for weeks to get the shot I was after, but proper Wildlife Photography is never easy, and by that I mean where you do all the hard work yourself, as opposed to paying someone else to do all the hard work for you.

Hope this helps

Andy...

Back