Who needs a posh huge DSLR.

Edit My Images
Yes
I was sitting watching the box....not much on...so I glanced at me watch.

The only camera to hand was me iPhone 5S with a PS app on it, so I had a play around.

image by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

looks like a 16610 .... but it looks like a current model with a higher pip .. so not a 16610 a whatever they call them now ..... 114060

must get my 5513 out ...... don't wear it anymore since the service

Last edited:
Looks like a cheap copy to me :)

Lol - who needs a posh DSLR says the man with a £3K watch :)

Exactly.. who needs a Rolex? LOL Who needs a watch? My phone can tell me the time... and I always have it on me.

Self answering thread me thinks. No one needs a "posh" DSLR.... just as they don't need a "posh" watch.

wonder who is going to be first to take a picture of their apple watch................... lol

I do actually like this rolex pic

Are rolex a good brand?

ironically the watch costs more than a top flight dslr, and even the phone costs more than an entry level ;)

in terms of photo crit its quite good- the window reflection in the date dial is a tad unfortunate, and also i'd have preffered a more contrasty conversion (i assume this is just desaturated), but that aside, good job.

I quite like that. I have noticed recently just how many people have come away from a dedicated camera and are now smart phone snappers only. Only reason i noticed is because having just got back from morocco i was one of them!, just could not be doing with lugging gear around with me all day.

shows the inelegance of a rolex so well.

Personally, why bother with a Rolex, when you can have a Breitling (proper watch) :p

Nice pic though, and in response. Very few need either a posh watch or a posh DSLR, however, many of us want a nice watch, posh DSLR, and are in position to have them and therefore do :D

To be honest, its not the equipment that makes a good photograph, its the knowledge of how to get a good subject in the right light. I personally think you have done a good job of capturing the subject, no matter what the subject might be.

A good black and white shot sir.

TBH, I didn't even really want a posh watch and only have one since it was Mum's wedding present to Dad and it has come down to me. Needs a service, otherwise I'd be wearing it now. The one I am wearing now is a relative cheapie (knock a half off the value of the Rolex then a zero of the result) and keeps far better time. Wouldn't give a damn if it fell off. Would care a lot of Dad's Rolex vanished though.

2 1/2 hours late for the photo - always prefer watches and clocks to read 10 past 2 in photos (and in shops, although I would rather they showed the correct time in a shop!)

To be honest, its not the equipment that makes a good photograph, its the knowledge of how to get a good subject in the right light. I personally think you have done a good job of capturing the subject, no matter what the subject might be.

A good black and white shot sir.

Thank you sir.

Back