Critique Who you looking at with all those eyes

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Its been another great day for me and I have seen a vast improvement in my shots with keepers and in focus shots so I`m really happy with the Tokina now :)
Much the same as the other day with respect for insects but as always they are different ones.
#1 Mr Crab spider
View attachment 33699
#2 Mr Beefly
View attachment 33700
#3 Mr Speckled cricket
View attachment 33701
#4 Mr Bee
View attachment 33702
#5 Mr Ant
View attachment 33703
Thanks for looking and all these and others are on my Flickr if you would like exif details.
Any C&C is welcome.
More to follow below.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The first five are all very good Graham, with the speckled cricket as the winner. I love that shot.

The first five are all very good Graham, with the speckled cricket as the winner. I love that shot.
Cheers TC, those speckled crickets sure are cute and these ones are small at the moment.
Thanks very much for your comment.

I like the bee a lot - and there is something looks like it falling from the flower - maybe disturbed pollen.

Paul.
Thanks Paul, yes your right it is pollen, I saw this 2 times and with luck I got the shot on the 3rd, its very surprising that the bees can see after doing this all day with pollen.

Missed this thread saw it on flickr though. Very tidy little set.

#7 is my fav but some brilliant shooting of very difficult subjects. :D

Great set of images Graham, with some lovely bright colours and some good detail. #3 is my fav' closely followed by #4.(y)

George.

Missed this thread saw it on flickr though. Very tidy little set.

#7 is my fav but some brilliant shooting of very difficult subjects. :D
Cheers Bryn, that moss was such bright colours and different to what I normally see.
I guess my lighting looks ok? Same old setup as before but just a thicker layer of foam in the soft box.

Great set of images Graham, with some lovely bright colours and some good detail. #3 is my fav' closely followed by #4.(y)

George.
Thanks George, this lens really does kick ass :D

Well shot especially the beefly they are very tricky they don't stop for long
My favourite is the bee shot though
Another difficult subject caught perfectly :)

Back