Why am I seeing this and what is it

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
I am printing on my Epson P807 printer using epson papers. I have started using Epson Print Layout but when I add a image to the template it looks like it is showing some areas are over sharpened........Is that what I am seeing or is it showing something else??
Neil
Screenshot%202018-09-22%2008.13.10.png

I’ve never used that software, so can only offer generic questions.

1) have you sharpened the image beforehand in other software?
2) is the Epson software adding additional sharpening?
3) what does the printed image look like? I always print small (6x4 or maybe A5) if I’m tinkering before I commit to a bigger sheet of paper.

Worth remembering that an image that looks a bit too sharp on screen can be fine when printed, although this can take some experimentation to know where the line between sharp and over sharp is.

I’ve never used that software, so can only offer generic questions.

1) have you sharpened the image beforehand in other software?
2) is the Epson software adding additional sharpening?
3) what does the printed image look like? I always print small (6x4 or maybe A5) if I’m tinkering before I commit to a bigger sheet of paper.

Worth remembering that an image that looks a bit too sharp on screen can be fine when printed, although this can take some experimentation to know where the line between sharp and over sharp is.
The image looks fine printed so I am guessing the highlights that I am seeing is maybe just showing areas that are over sharpened , but then I didn't sharpen the image.......Im lost but the print looks great so I guess thats all that matters

Neil

Back