Why no Mr Bond, I expect...

Edit My Images
Yes
Sir Roger Moore has died of Cancer, aged 89 :(

...and yes I know that quote came from Goldfinger with Sean Connery

A different era of Bond with Roger Moore, gadgets, tongue in cheek, the quips and one liners. No my fav Bond, but the one I grew up to in Cinemas...

Last edited:
R.I.P.

I was only watching the man with the golden gun yesterday.

Sir Roger Moore has died of Cancer, aged 89 :(

...and yes I know that quote came from Goldfinger with Sean Connery

A different era of Bond with Roger Moore, gadgets, tongue in cheek, the quips and one liners. No my fav Bond, but the one I grew up to in Cinemas...

There were plenty of those in the Sean Connery films too. The DB5 with the machine guns was cool, and I'd love to have the revolving number plates...:D

Don't think I saw any of the Roger Moore films, but I remember him in The Saint.

There were plenty of those in the Sean Connery films too. The DB5 with the machine guns was cool, and I'd love to have the revolving number plates...:D

Don't think I saw any of the Roger Moore films, but I remember him in The Saint.

memorable cars though - The Lotus Esprit, jumping the AMC ove the bridge, the crap cars and car chases (renault, citroen)
Q: Now pay attention 007. I want you to take great care of this equipment. There are one or two accessories…

Bond (as he revs up the engine): Q, have I ever let you down?

Q: Frequently.

So much Mo(o)re than just 007.

Curiously, Roger Moore was the longest-serving James Bond actor, having spent 12 years in the role (from his debut in 1973, to his retirement from the role in 1985), having made seven of the Eon Production Bond films in a row. Moore was the oldest actor to have played Bond – he was 45 in Live and Let Die (1973), and 58 when he announced his retirement on 3 December 1985.
( ref Wiki)

And not forgetting the The Persuaders.

Moore was paid the then-unheard-of sum of £1 million for a single series, making him the highest paid television actor in the world.
(ref Wiki)

RIP

Last edited:
Curiously, Roger Moore was the longest-serving James Bond actor, having spent 12 years in the role (from his debut in 1973, to his retirement from the role in 1985), having made seven of the Eon Production Bond films in a row. Moore was the oldest actor to have played Bond – he was 45 in Live and Let Die (1973), and 58 when he announced his retirement on 3 December 1985.
( ref Wiki)

Moore was paid the then-unheard-of sum of £1 million for a single series, making him the highest paid television actor in the world.
(ref Wiki)

RIP
I loved the persuaders, him and Tony Curtis were a great pair.

Farewell to the best Bond ever.

18671396_1025345590929690_2618237551388081830_o.jpg

nice guy he was but 89 good innings.

TBH you don't get married 4 times (and have multiple affairs) by being a nice guy. Probably a highly professional actor, and able to mix well with the lads/whatever group he was with.

As Bond he was the most fun though, knocked women around in the films (and I'm astonished that Pierce Brosnan wasn't the oldest, because he acted the part like an old man) and was excellent in both The Persuaders (all episodes are on youtube) and The saint.

Loved him in Bond, different to Connery but put his own stamp on it. Also a big fan of the Saint and also the Persuaders. Great actor.

Not the worlds most expressive actor but always a good watch. RIP Mr Moore.

( ref Wiki)

(ref Wiki)

RIP

retired from Bond as he thought at 58 he was too old for believable love scenes

Not forgetting The Man Who Haunted Himself of course. And the Wild Geese. And Shout at the Devil.

Back