WHY ?????

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
I was out with the camera today and there's a fallow stag lying under a tree totally still, and all I can hear is a camera machine gunning, look to see what is going on that I am missing and ................................................the camera is pointing at the deer :shrug:

Your camera was taking photos by itself?!?! :thinking:
;)

Ha Ha, very good
Andy you could be right it was a top of the range camera he was using, but surely that should mean getting it right with fewer shots

Because!!!!!

1/3rd stop bracketing 4 stops each side of metered exposure?

and that requires 100 shots of the same static animal in several bursts :shake:

Why not, it's their camera.....:shrug:

Yep and their choice just can't understand the need for it in this instance :shrug: wondered what I'm missing

Someone who just does not understand wildlife.
Basic rule is to be as unobtrusive as possible. Welfare of the animal is number one priority.

I don't know the last time I was out shooting dear and fired of a few shots mainly as I'm rather useless with a long lens :) but was wondering what one particular doe kept looking at, so following here line of sight through my view finder and there in the long grass were a youngish couple against a tree getting well rather closely aquatinted :LOL: :naughty:

So maybe they had spotted something you hadn't :eek:

Been there Matt but on this occasion not :D

I was sat quietly underneath a tree watching some deer, totally lost to the world, heard a strange noise behind the tree, yep you've guessed :eek:

Been there Matt but on this occasion not :D

I was sat quietly underneath a tree watching some deer, totally lost to the world, heard a strange noise behind the tree, yep you've guessed :eek:

Oh dear :eek: I've had some very interesting...yeah that the right word :LOL: incidents when out shooting but it sort of comes with the territory of the kind of locations I use and the fact it's usually well after dark

Oooo err bet they ae more worried then you when they see the camera ;)

Last edited:
The guy taking all the shots...One day he will be confident enough to get it in one or two shots....

Then he can join a forum and laugh at other people...

The guy taking all the shots...One day he will be confident enough to get it in one or two shots....

Haven't seem anyone laughing at anyone :shrug:
Who knows he may be a member here already and will come and explain :shrug:

Probably :LOL: I did start a thread about a really funny one back in February :eek:

It makes funny reading :LOL:

PMSL Matt remind me NEVER to come to one of your meets :LOL:

Perhaps he likes the sound of his own shutter? :D

Haven't seem anyone laughing at anyone

You started the thread to take the mick.. you know it. I know it.. because the alternative is you asking if your supposed to maching gun photo a still stag. is that what your asking? No your not are you!

All a bit sad really :(

You started the thread to take the mick.. you know it. I know it.. because the alternative is you asking if your supposed to maching gun photo a still stag. is that what your asking? No your not are you!

In your opinion perhaps.
Possibly I should have put this in another forum :shrug:
I have rarely felt the need to use that mode on anything, in the early days perhaps a diving peregrine but not anymore and I genuinely do not understand why ?
But if that's what you think then I'll let you believe it, too late to argue and TBH can't be bothered

And I know it.

Sorry, agree with Tony.

I was out with the camera today and there's a fallow stag lying under a tree totally still, and all I can hear is a camera machine gunning, look to see what is going on that I am missing and ................................................the camera is pointing at the deer :shrug:

a:because he can?
b:does it matter ???

Exactly
I started off like that believed I had to take loads to make sure one came out
Got a bit more confidence now but still take a few and vary the settings:)

Obviously needs a camera with a quiet shutter ;)

More than likely someone who doesn't shoot wildlife, sees this great opportunity, once in a lifetime sort of thing?

1. He may have been shooting HDR

2. Or been bracketing

3. Testing a new camera

4. Hoping for the stag to stick its tongue out

5. Learning the difference between single and burst shooting

6. Seeing if the noise would startle the stag in those conditions

7. Demonstrating different methods for teaching purposes

8. Playing devil's advocate because he suspected there may be a single-shot-only-straight-out-of-the-camera-editing-is-for-losers purist in the vicinity and he wanted a giggle

9. Camera was jammed on burst

10. Because he knew for an incontrovertible fact that there is no 'right' way to take a photo, and this was his preferred, practised, and proven technique, it worked well for him, and was no-one else's bloody business.

who cares lol

The question is, did your picture come out ok?

:)

1. He may have been shooting HDR

2. Or been bracketing

3. Testing a new camera

4. Hoping for the stag to stick its tongue out

5. Learning the difference between single and burst shooting

6. Seeing if the noise would startle the stag in those conditions

7. Demonstrating different methods for teaching purposes

8. Playing devil's advocate because he suspected there may be a single-shot-only-straight-out-of-the-camera-editing-is-for-losers purist in the vicinity and he wanted a giggle

9. Camera was jammed on burst

10. Because he knew for an incontrovertible fact that there is no 'right' way to take a photo, and this was his preferred, practised, and proven technique, it worked well for him, and was no-one else's bloody business.

:D

Maybe the deer was saying "Come on - this is my best side..."

146717319.jpg

Anybody know how I can edit a load of wildlife photos I took the other day.
Forgot to check settings and it ended up like a scene out of saving private ryan, must admit it was a sexy sound (rat a tat tat). Must do it again sometime.
Makes me wonder why do people just take one exposure, you have the ability to take loads so why waste it.
Came across a photography sniper as well, he was no match for my 6 fps though :)

I sometimes do that because the arthritis in my wrist means I can't hold the camera steadily enough and one of the sequence just overcomes the shake.

It's a memory card world were you can delete the ones you don't want

To quote the photographer who was taking group photos "There is always a blinker" he took 50+ photos to my 5 photos.

You may not see something when you are there, he may be turning head, blinking, chewing and trying to get the right look.

Back