Wife and my baby boy

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Didn't really have a lot of time to play around with shots, but this is just a natural lighting shot with a tiny bit of exposure changes in light room using my d3300 and a 18-55 kit lens.
First real shots i've taken with natural light other than playing around the house.

Autunm Portrait by Andrew Gray, on Flickr

He was fast asleep, he's 11 weeks old on that photo and very tempermental. He's either full on or fast asleep, unfortunately when he was in the car he was totally out of it.

Congrats to you both.
Well done for getting out there and taking it!
I love the way the darker edges place emphasis on your beautiful wife and baby.
Two small suggestions from me:
Look at the background before you press the trigger, that light is beautiful, but try (if possible), to place them in a position where there are no trees breaking the body profile.
Get closer.
You have a photogenic wife and beautiful son; take lots of images as you all grow together.

Great advice above. I'd steer clear of central compositions too to begin with. Try to look at where the light is landing (keep an eye on the eyes) and then consider the background, if you combine the two together well you'll nail it. Plenty of practice time coming up, there's nothing better to photograph in my opinion! Enjoy it and take plenty, it's a fantastic time.

Back