Wild Flowers ~ Communal thread

Name
Shirley
Edit My Images
No
If there is already a communal thread for wild flowers could you point in the right direction, if not, here is one.
There are some stunning wild flowers about expecially when they come in a mass but although I have a 60mm lens I tend to go birding with the long prime lens and the beauty of taking flowers on mass is lost. Some of my best images are with my first camera a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 its a light as a feather and the colours it produces are stunning.
I have Corel photoshop and really am most hopeless with it, like the Ox-eyed Daisy should have the grass cloned out of it but where do you start, so I don't.
Pwllheli is 7 miles from where I live and there is always a show of wild Cowslips on the 8th May I took the photo and every year they spread more, Skylarks love that area and nest every summer, they are there now.
Anyway, I few photos of the flowers I have taken 2016Wild Honeysuckle.jpg Ox-eyed Daises.jpg Cowslips Pwllheli 8th May 2016.jpg Sea Thrift Pwllheli.jpg

… may I join in?

1581%20EDpp.jpg

Honeysuckle growing in a hedge.jpg Ragged Robin growing on the end of a wood.jpg Beautiful Honeysuckle growing in a hedge and Ragged Robin growing by the edge of a wood.

Great images ...

…tiny flowers at the marsh…

B1142%20SDpp.jpg

…by the side of the road…
taken with a 500 macro @ƒ8!

2482%20XDpp.jpg

Last edited:
I love photographing flowers, I might not be great at it but I love it anyway! This is my first photo post on here so please be gentle with me!! ;)

DayOutWithTheStewarts 014.jpg dPurple Cosmos.jpg

…so please be gentle with me!

I am merciless when ever I can!!! :cool:

Your first has the better focus acquisition and
the second the more pleasing rendition.

In the first, the yellow is not so vibrant as I
remember it and in the second, the heart of
the flower should be sharp.

…hoping I caused no pain, Claire! ;)

These photo are outstanding, if only all the verges could be like yours. So very beautiful.:)

Being a gardener, i love all things threads like this.
I found this wild poppy growing in cultivated land near to home.
untitled-164 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr
Blimey, don't tell the farmer or he'll go and spray it with something, I bet if that field was left along there would be hundreds of poppy seeds deep in the soil just waiting to grow.

Probably the nicest and most diverse Wild flower meadow I have come across.

i-zFJzz4d.jpg

i-HnnkfJN.jpg

i-LhTnGP6.jpg
That's made my day, I thought this forum was rubbish this morning but your photos of such wonderful, beautiful flowers have restored my sanity. Someone has put a great deal of effort to produce such beauty. Thank you for sharing. Every wild flower is in your photos, so very many.

That's made my day, I thought this forum was rubbish this morning but your photos of such wonderful, beautiful flowers have restored my sanity. Someone has put a great deal of effort to produce such beauty. Thank you for sharing. Every wild flower is in your photos, so very many.

Thanks Molly for the kind words. Truly these flowers are a delight to see, usually (imo) the colour yellow predominates, the blues, reds and pinks make this special I think ?

Stop ! and smell the buttercups.

i-9FwWmsR-XL.jpg

i-Dpb5XPR-XL.jpg

Back