Wild Rabbit down at Lizard point - Cornwall

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
We have visited this area a lot of the years and never noticed rabbits right down on the most southerly point / viewing area (I am sure they have always been there we just never seen them) well this one was almost walking around the visitors until some little s***e of a child decided she wanted to pet it like it was a toy hence it didn't stay long enough for her to get close but at least I fired off a couple of shots first

Rabbit - Lizard Cornwall by Adam Sibbald, on Flickr

Rabbit - Lizard Cornwall (2) by Adam Sibbald, on Flickr

That second shot is amazing! It looks just like the Cadbury's caramel bunny! In fact, I think she's giving me the eye o_0

Lovely stuff.

Very appealing shots especially number 2. Lovely colouring too. When we were there in April we saw some 'kittens'. strange name for a very young..'baby' rabbit…in the field right by the pathway by the lighthouse and where the coughs were in a cave below in the cliffs.. I had my 100-400mm on so wasn't able to get a shot.

Re. the child, well, at last she wanted to stroke it maybe,which is nice. I get annoyed when I see children running and shouting at birds and animals and the parents don't dissuade them.

That second shot is amazing! It looks just like the Cadbury's caramel bunny! In fact, I think she's giving me the eye o_0

Lovely stuff.
That did make me chuckle and forgot all about the cadburys caramel bunny where did she go lol

Very appealing shots especially number 2. Lovely colouring too. When we were there in April we saw some 'kittens'. strange name for a very young..'baby' rabbit…in the field right by the pathway by the lighthouse and where the coughs were in a cave below in the cliffs.. I had my 100-400mm on so wasn't able to get a shot.

Re. the child, well, at last she wanted to stroke it maybe,which is nice. I get annoyed when I see children running and shouting at birds and animals and the parents don't dissuade them.

Yes guess your right better than her wanting to kill it :( no coughs yesterday they all fledged now and told they appear at different areas along coast from cagwith to kynance and beyond

Aye, 2 is a beaut!

Really like the side lighting and it's very soft yet somehow warm too.

Last edited:
Second image is exceptional

I see we both missed the 'h' from chough. I was tired, that's my excuse…lol.

We stay twice a year at Poldhu Cove..very close to Kynance and Mullion..so having noted what you say I'll have a look along there next time as well as Southerley Point. Great news that they fledged ok and what fantastic news it is.. If I lived there I'd be a watch volunteer . I wanted to know just how well they'd done and found this for the 2015 season http://www.ntsouthwest.co.uk/2015/06/cornwalls-new-chough-chicks-the-class-of-2015/

I typed it with a H and removed it after reading your spelling lol that will teach me for copying haha that's a good link thanks and was good to talk to to the NTS warden at the lookout station he had a couple of scopes out letting people have a look at the seals out of the distant rocks :) they were howling this time something I've never heard down there so was good trip one we should do more often as love it there

Two very nice shots Adam, #2 would be my fav' with good detail nice composition and well controlled exposure.(y)

George.

Excellent shots there Adam, no2 is a cracker of a pose and the detail is amazing :)

The feedback is very well deserved,Adam. They are exceptionally appealing shots. I've enjoyed looking again.

Back