Wildlife and not so wildlife

i like the first one, the rest are a tad soft - the composition of the last one would have been great if the sheep were more in focus

i like the first one, the rest are a tad soft - the composition of the last one would have been great if the sheep were more in focus

Thanks, I think I might have to dig the originals out for better clarity. Does uploading pics on here compress the image at all do you know? Facebook seems to hammer them.

Thanks, I think I might have to dig the originals out for better clarity. Does uploading pics on here compress the image at all do you know? Facebook seems to hammer them.

I don't thinkso although you obviously need to resize them for upload ... personally I'd suggest Photobucket or a wordpres blog to host

Appreciate the feedback guys, will go find the originals if I can.

I don't thinkso although you obviously need to resize them for upload ... personally I'd suggest Photobucket or a wordpres blog to host

Is it ok to host them through my own website? They won't be clickable so it's not pulling readers to my site or anything.

yeah thats fine - even if they were clickable therewouldnt be a problem so long as you were posting images not just links and didnt tear the arse out of it

yeah thats fine - even if they were clickable therewouldnt be a problem so long as you were posting images not just links and didnt tear the arse out of it

Brilliant, I may try unclickable pics from there in the future then. Thanks.

In meantime does this look any better on the puffin pic? I've noticed it's shot using my old 1.4x converter so probably explains some of the softness (ok maybe a bit and I'll take the blame for the rest haha).

_MG_3399.jpg

yep hes looking sharper - i think you haven't quite nailed the movement blur in the wings tho imo it should either be sharp of fully blurred this falls between two stools IMO

(also be aware that you've put this in the discussion board - its not a big deal but it should have been in one of the photo subforums in the nature section)

yep hes looking sharper - i think you haven't quite nailed the movement blur in the wings tho imo it should either be sharp of fully blurred this falls between two stools IMO

(also be aware that you've put this in the discussion board - its not a big deal but it should have been in one of the photo subforums in the nature section)

Ah right, apologies about that. If been in the nature forum too, not sure what happened. Will keep in mind the blur thing too. Thanks for all your advice.

Ah right, apologies about that. If been in the nature forum too, not sure what happened. Will keep in mind the blur thing too. Thanks for all your advice.

you are in the nature board - just in the talk nature sub forum - in the crit boards if its titled 'talk' its for discussing things, photo sharing sub fora are labeled photos e.g photos - nature wild and free...

its no big deal , its just that being in a photo board will help you get more responses (I've RTM'd and asked for a move when the green team get a moment)

Will remember in future, not that I do much nature stuff mind, cheers guys.

Will remember in future, not that I do much nature stuff mind, cheers guys.

it's much the same in most of the "areas" - basically, there's a "Talk........." which is purely for discussion of that topic, then there are the photo sharing bits where you post pictures.

First one is a good capture as other said others were soft but that 2nd post of the puffin I do like a lot and would love to get close enough to get anything like that

First one is a good capture as other said others were soft but that 2nd post of the puffin I do like a lot and would love to get close enough to get anything like that

It was caught on a trip to the farne Islands, well worth a trip there when it's busy. Literally hundreds of birds everywhere, even if some are a tad aggressive towards people. Well worth wearing a hat to protect your head a bit!

A decent set Rich, although they're a little too small to view properly, still I do like the silhouetted stag. The larger size puffin is a big improvement on the first post and should deb the size your aiming for.

A decent set Rich, although they're a little too small to view properly, still I do like the silhouetted stag. The larger size puffin is a big improvement on the first post and should deb the size your aiming for.

Cheers, yeah I think when I've processed my images I need to keep that copy somewhere. These have since been took from facebook or Flickr and obviously suffered as a result.

It was caught on a trip to the farne Islands, well worth a trip there when it's busy. Literally hundreds of birds everywhere, even if some are a tad aggressive towards people. Well worth wearing a hat to protect your head a bit!
Yes I keep seeing great pictures from there I need to add that to our list :) we did Lundy Island in May as its so close to us but unless you have a boat take you round the back and in close or your mad and climb down cliff sides there little chance of shots like this although still an amazing place to visit

Yes I keep seeing great pictures from there I need to add that to our list :) we did Lundy Island in May as its so close to us but unless you have a boat take you round the back and in close or your mad and climb down cliff sides there little chance of shots like this although still an amazing place to visit

Yeah Lundy is a lovely part of the world. Not sure any shot is worth that climb though!

What puffins? Aggressive to people?
Are you talking of artic tern, or artic skua maybe?

I prefer the 1st and the 3rd, you get great bokeh and picture look sharp.

I love the last one, I like the composition

Thanks, I liked how the walls separated the image into thirds. Wasn't what I'd hoped to be shooting that day, had gone in hope of the two Lancaster bombers over Derwent Dam.

What puffins? Aggressive to people?
Are you talking of artic tern, or artic skua maybe?

I prefer the 1st and the 3rd, you get great bokeh and picture look sharp.

No the terns, was fun though.

Thanks, #1 was my 400mm 2.8 out of the car window. #3 with my 70-200mm 2.8 tripod mounted and shot remotely from the car a further 10 yards away.

Back