William - Bloody Nightmare!

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Meet William, my daughter's new 7-week old kitten. I think this is the hardest shoot I've ever done. Nightmare! Try getting a kitten to sit still.... maniac; total maniac. :wacky:

He attacked the reflector; the umbrella; the camera (jumping on the lens from the sofa) and eventually resorted to pulling the black sheet from the sofa and wrapping himself in it - don't think I've ever been so tired after any shooting!

This was one of only two decent shots from a total of 197 and two half hour sessions with a cup of coffee between to calm our shattered nerves.

YN-460 into 33" shoot through brolly camera right; reflector (what was left of it) to the left. 1/250th @ F8.0 ISO 100

Never again!

11aajrp.jpg

Us gingers need a bit more patience but we're worth it (y)

Cute as a button.

Brilliant shot, bright, clear, the eyes are beautiful and full of life & fun or in laymans terms mischief.

Fantastic pic, so sharp - the kitten looks just like our new un, though you can't really tell from this picture.

I know how hard it is - this one is a complete maniac too, I caught him in a rare moment of sleepiness - pretty much the only time I could get a vaguely sharp shot. I was manually focussing at f1.4 though!

5078994926_df320c0c60_b.jpg

Worth the trouble in the end. (y)

Nice photo : just half a second before he leaps on your lens and removes parts of your focus ring...
Your daughter must be happy.

Totally worth it - beautiful shot of a lovely little man :clap::clap:

Thanks for all the comments - daughter loves it.... loves it so much she wants a canvas of it. :D

Love the shot
He is going to be a great boss.

The only other decent one for all my efforts.... cheers for the hard day, cat....

158a7op.jpg

Brilliant ~ you should be proud - and tired!

:LOL: lovely shot and excellent saga of how to get it........very cute
thanks for sharing
B-)

It'll be worth it when you step in a puddle of his wee first thing in the morning!

Great shot.

Coffee? I'd have been on the whisky!
Very nice shots though Derek!

Our last two cats lived to 18 and 20 and we're still thinking about getting another one, even though logic would say it's a definite No No!

But logic doesn't (and definitely shouldn't) rule our lives.

Our last two cats lived to 18 and 20 and we're still thinking about getting another one, even though logic would say it's a definite No No!.

Well, William (or McGinger, as I call him) has so enchanted my 74 year old parents they're about to get another one themselves after ten years without a cat, so why not you? :D

He certainly seems and looks a character...... tempted to ask if you mind if I use it as my wallpaper?

They're both cracking shots and a really cute kitty :) Worth the stress and effort I think!

I've got a 12 week old black and white moggie and she's a mischievous little thing! I've done some shots of her, but only casual ones - I would dare try and set anything up with her around, she'd just tear it all down!

He certainly seems and looks a character...... tempted to ask if you mind if I use it as my wallpaper?

Not at all, feel free.... can give you a high res one if you want it, just PM me.... (y)

Excellent shot Derek - Looks brill √√√√√

Thanks, Charles.... nice when hard work turns out well... :)

Have to say these are fab Photos.

Our poor old cat is dying of cancer, and the vet says she probably only has 3-6 months left.

She's the original "scaredy cat", very timid and nervous of anything new. Getting a decent picture of her is proving almost impossible, but you've given me a bit of inspiration to try a bit harder.

Give "McGinger" a cuddle for me, he looks so cute...

Steve

Brilliant capture - he looks like he's contemplating leaping forward onto the camera!

I know what you mean. I thought it would be a good idea to capture the cuteness of my neighbours kittens, all four of them. Food helped a lot, apart from that, dropping them in front of the lens and snapping before they ran off.

This was one of the better ones. Only managed two at a time, my neighbour saw them yesterday and said it would be nice to have all four together. I laughed :runaway:
5059939226_c3877278ca_z.jpg

Peter.

I know what you mean. I thought it would be a good idea to capture the cuteness of my neighbours kittens, all four of them. Food helped a lot, apart from that, dropping them in front of the lens and snapping before they ran off.

This was one of the better ones. Only managed two at a time, my neighbour saw them yesterday and said it would be nice to have all four together. I laughed :runaway:
5059939226_c3877278ca_z.jpg

Peter.

Ha, that's a great shot as well - I tried a white sheet as backdrop at first, but thought he suited the moody black better.... too hard to get the white 'white' in PP as well, as I'm not very good at the 'white stuff' - never know how these guys that do white get the grey-ish floors/backgrounds white without changing the subject... :thinking:

Back