Willow Warbler

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
My bird book description seems to indicate that this is a Willow Warbler but I have no confidence in identifying these little birds.

Nikon D850 + 200-500 + TC-14 Elll

Willow Warbler
by Roger, on Flickr

A cute scene rich in interest and colour, well recorded, and with just the right depth of field (y).

I'm sometimes reluctant to dip my toes into the world of ID but yeah, I'd say a willow warbler too. I checked my book too and it's the closest I can find. I'm wondering if this is a youngster or an adult that has been hard at work bringing up the young ones?

A lovely capture, I think it would stand more of a crop as it's sharp enough and would lessen some of the clutter (hate that word, not meant in a bad way) but would simplify the image a little more.

Looks like the willow warbler that's in my book. That's a very pretty little bird.
Thanks Jan :)

A cute scene rich in interest and colour, well recorded, and with just the right depth of field (y).
Thanks doggel :)

I'm sometimes reluctant to dip my toes into the world of ID but yeah, I'd say a willow warbler too. I checked my book too and it's the closest I can find. I'm wondering if this is a youngster or an adult that has been hard at work bringing up the young ones?

A lovely capture, I think it would stand more of a crop as it's sharp enough and would lessen some of the clutter (hate that word, not meant in a bad way) but would simplify the image a little more.
Thanks Dale ... I think a juvenile would be showing more yellow so assume this is a post-breeding adult. :)

Nice one,Roger. Makes me feel a lot better when you aren't sure of the ID :D.

A very pleasing shot.(y)

Nice one,Roger. Makes me feel a lot better when you aren't sure of the ID :D.

A very pleasing shot.(y)

Ha ha, thanks John, the overall consensus in the hide was LBJ (Little Brown job) or Willow Chaff ... helpful lot! :rolleyes:

Back