Window mounts

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
hi. I have bought window mounts from a company three times now and he to report courier damage 3 times. I usually get 50x40cm mounts with A4 or and 8 x 8 aperture. The replacement set survived the journey on Driday of last week and they had thought to write FRAGILE HAHDLE WITH CARE on the box this time. As they have done their best to fix this, I don't want to give them bad press but I would welcome hearing of other suppliers. I usually order 25 of a size at a time and buy backs for them as well. So, can you tell me where you get window mounts from, please?

though i have not bought for a while i found Picture Lizard very good on quality and service plus their packaging was very good. smaller sizes came in a box but some larger square ones were "wrapped" in tri-wall board and well taped to survive carriage.

when i bought they had a sliding discount scale based on the qty per size bought.

hth :)

ps here http://www.icanframe.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

Last edited:
I use DIY framing for 40x50 pre cut mount board that I then cut the windows out myself. Always arrives very well packaged, and so far, no damage or problems.

Simon.

DIY Framing are excellent. I have alocal supplier of boards too and I cut them myself, to whatever size.

You can buy 'cheap' board cutters, they start at about £30 I think, with a mat.

I get mine from Cotswold mounts and they come extremely well packed. Never had a hint of damage.

Go down to Hobbycraft, buy a couple of sheets, cut 2 40x50 from one sheet, make your own windows. As long as you have a car to get the boards in safely.

Back