Windows Photoviewer print problems.

woof woof

I like a nice Chianti
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
I often use windows photo viewer but printing today after not doing any for a while it now only prints a strip at the top and/maybe at the bottom too. I wasted two sheets of photo paper before seeing what it was doing. Printing through CS5 works as normal. It's not the file as I tried a different picture and it too only printed at the top.

My pc seems to have done a couple of updates recently and I wonder if something has screwed up.

Anyone else seen this or have any suggested fix as photoviewer has been working well enough until today but for a long time hasn't worked for slideshows as it shifts everything up and to the left... a different issue no doubt.

None too sure if what you are experiencing is related to this

But in my case I have delayed windows updates for a few days......until the issue is cleared.

Thanks for that.

I'm using an Epson printer and so far the only symptom I have is printing from photo viewer but I'm guessing that it is the recent windows updates that have caused this as nothing else has happened.

It's a bit of a problem for me as Mrs WW goes to a couple of classes and often has to give presentations so she creates collages and requests pictures to be printed and using the photo viewer is the quickest way to print them, it's a more longwinded process using CS5.

I think I'll save the link and if things aren't corrected by another update soon I'll look at rolling back.

Thanks again.

I am experiencing the same problem as woof woof. I have a Brother MFC printer. Only this last week when printing a photo in Windows Photo Viewer the middle strip doesn't print. If I open the photo in other software like Photos or Photo Director, then it prints OK. I prefer using Windows Photo Viewer and would like to fix this problem.
Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks.

Today after advice from Microsoft I uninstalled Security Update KB5000802 and the print problem was resolved.

Back