Yes
    Rustydon likes this.
  2. Hertsman

Hertsman

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Reps are awesome Fi, I keep a couple of Geckos and love wtaching them. They also make stunning models as your set illustrates very well.

The lunch pic is a cracker - not your usual thing, so well done!

The monitor is very similar to a shot of the Komodo at London that I took,a very nice portrait image.

BTW - Did you see my comment about trying the 300mm PF lens for something a bit longer than yuo currently use ?

3. Daysleeper40

Daysleeper40

Name:
    Fi
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Thanks Mark. I actually do quite a bit of macro and most of these are taken with my Tamron 90mm lens - so the lunch shot isn't so out of the ordinary ;)

My standard zooing lens is my Nikon 70-300mm so I was thinking of something longer than that tbh - but what does the PF bit stand for?

4. Hertsman

Hertsman

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi Fi
    The latest 300mm from Nikon uses a special lens that makes it very light and small, hence why I asked...

PF actually stands for Phase Fresnel, and Fresnel being how they make lighthouse lens....

https://kenrockwell.com/nikon/300mm-pf.htm

5. Daysleeper40

Daysleeper40

Name:
    Fi
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thank you - light and small would be definite advantages!

6. Hertsman

Hertsman

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Indeed, hence my suggestion...it was on my radar until I bought a 70-200 2.8 and some TCs....

Daysleeper40 likes this.