Winnats Pass

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Lol, normally I'm tucked up in bed for 10pm but typically it was about 11.30pm before i went to bed. Set the alarm for 2am and very nearly threw it across the room when it went off but I'm glad i didn't! It's a great time of the day. Even though i was wandering around at silly o' clock, i still found someone else up there.

Thanks for your comments Peter, appreciate it!

David
Is that really shot with an X-E1? as it says on Flikr.
Lovely.

Nice set matey, Really like the first 3, my only issue is I think the sky in the first looks like it could do with pulling back a bit, looks a bit too much purple/magenta in there. Also, I quite like 4 but I think it would have worke better if you could have given the sty a bit more room?

Dave, thanks for the confirmation on the body used.
I have little doubt about Fuji's ability.
Going through the do I sell up Canon APS-C and go Fuji moment at present.

Dave, thanks for the confirmation on the body used.
I have little doubt about Fuji's ability.
Going through the do I sell up Canon APS-C and go Fuji moment at present.

I came from Nikon so know what you're going through mate. It's not as scary as you might think. They can handle most types of photography... Take a look at my Flickr, i shoot a wide range of stuff.

A really good haul David. Its great to be rewarded for an early morning outing.
As excellent as the first two are, I think the third shot is my favourite from the lot, as that light is pretty lush.
Wish I'd have stuck around at Buxton on Sat night now, I had the tent in the car and everything!!

Stunning David.... worth the early start to capture that amazing scene... are you going back in winter to get sunny morning mist? ;)

Yeah definately worth it. It soon clouded over after i got home so i timed it well. Amazing how early it starts to get light!

Will definately be going back, too nice a place not to. Might do Mam Tor too next weekend if the weather is good enough.

nettled bum. :mooning: ????

Do you shoot naked from the waist down then David - I tried that once- still awaiting my court appearance :runaway:

Cracking set by the way

Les ;)

Beautiful set David....Not a lot to crit there!

Nice set there David - lovely spot and there is so much to photograph. #1 and #3 work really well (y)

#1 is an absolute stunner - the mad colours in the sky and the slight mist in the vale just scream 'sunrise' - a candidate for a wall hanging if ever I saw one!

I came from Nikon so know what you're going through mate. It's not as scary as you might think. They can handle most types of photography... Take a look at my Flickr, i shoot a wide range of stuff.

David, thank you for the fuller response on the Fuji's.
I have taken a look at the Flikr and indeed the Fuji system will produce good results, clearly you have had quite some input yourself though.
Also made me look where Winnats Pass was as I had no idea, Peak District, somewhere I have not been for very many years as Cornwall and Cumbria get my attention each year.
Again thank you.
Alan

Not a bad lot there, my black and white friend

Compared to your others this looks overcooked!
Lovely first set by the way, really nice.

TBH, that was quite my thoughts too but decided to roll with it. Meh. Will peg it back a bit.

#1 is an absolute stunner - the mad colours in the sky and the slight mist in the vale just scream 'sunrise' - a candidate for a wall hanging if ever I saw one!

Thanks very much!
David, thank you for the fuller response on the Fuji's.
I have taken a look at the Flikr and indeed the Fuji system will produce good results, clearly you have had quite some input yourself though.
Also made me look where Winnats Pass was as I had no idea, Peak District, somewhere I have not been for very many years as Cornwall and Cumbria get my attention each year.
Again thank you.
Alan

You're welcome. There are lots of pictures to be made in and around the Peak District and hopefully the Fuji will do me proud.

Not a bad lot there, my black and white friend

Thankyou! I may treat you to a full on colour shot of my beautiful complexion. One day.

@minnnt: how are you getting so "natural" sharp photos? Could you share with some hints?

Thanks Tom. Not really sure i can answer your question though. Are you talking in general or specifically with a Fuji? Only sharpening i do in Lr is to click the 'Sharpen - Scenic' preset that comes with it. The Fuji system is renowned for sharpness, especially when stopped down. These were taken on a tripod with the self timer activated. Having said that, #3 & #6 weren't. They were handheld and with a telephoto lens rather than a small prime. I did have OIS switched on though but I'm not sure it is as effective on the older X-E1 as it is on the newer X-T1.

The 18mm f2 is reported to have soft corners etc but i have been nothing but impressed with it, it's a real pocket rocket.

Oh, i also used some mega cheap graduated filters from Amazon which is a big no no usually, but i can't afford the big name filters atm which can often effect overall IQ and sharpness.

Lovely series. Must pull my finger out and get up there myself. 2am's far too early for me though ;)

No1 all the way for me; staggeringly beautiful, justified the early start and the hot bot...

Thanks mate. :) Was being really silly and looking on Flickr at D750 pics... saw some of yours in there too. :)
If you were looking because you're fancying a D750 then please don't judge it on my landscapes lol ;)

Back