Winter has returned

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the comments. I should show the "few seconds" before shot. They look totally different to this. What makes this shot for me is the low cloud that came in from the right just as the sun hit Moelwyn Mawr...perfect timing.

The weather here is exceptionally cold for this time of year. Can I make the most of it? Unfortunately not. I have been at work when the best conditions arrive . I have a wedding at llanberis to photograph tomorrow so there may be a few landscape shots with the B&G in the frame :)

Cheers
Rory
Ah yes I meant to mention the cloud, that's really nice because it gives some great isolation to the foreground building and trees. It's just amazing how these scenes can change dramatically in a matter of seconds isn't it. Your timing couldn't have been better here mate, where you on a tripod?
Hope the wedding shoot goes well tomorrow should be spectacular for the wedding shots!

Top draw Rory Can'nt wait to drive through the park tomorrow have spent three weeks away in Dorset with the day job which is a great place to explore also may I add, however nothing compares to home, Diolch yn fawr!

The mono version is an absolutely fantastic image. I really like the composition, the foreground mist, and the thing that makes the image is the distant dam shrouded in cloud (along with the snow and general atmosphere). I hope you don't enter this in LPOTY!

Very nice capture, very atmospheric and although not quite as this, we've had snow and strange weather here in Lancs for the past few days

Back