Winter sky

Lovely crisp images, although I'd have been inclined to have less dark, featureless foreground and a little more of the stunning sky in the images without water.

I use an ND filter so I can use much longer shutter speeds than the conditions would normally allow. Your water scenes would have been an ideal time to try that out maybe? Obviously difficult without a tripod though...

Lovely crisp images, although I'd have been inclined to have less dark, featureless foreground and a little more of the stunning sky in the images without water.

I use an ND filter so I can use much longer shutter speeds than the conditions would normally allow. Your water scenes would have been an ideal time to try that out maybe? Obviously difficult without a tripod though...
Great skies...not sold on the areas of dark foreground.
Thanks guys, I don't do much landscape so feedback is welcome.

When I lifted the shadows more I thought it took the eye away from the sky, guess it depends what's in those shadows, nothing very attractive in these that's why I left them dark but i'll have another play around in PS.

Thanks guys, I don't do much landscape so feedback is welcome.

When I lifted the shadows more I thought it took the eye away from the sky, guess it depends what's in those shadows, nothing very attractive in these that's why I left them dark but i'll have another play around in PS.
Exactly, there is nothing in the foreground so unfortunately, no amount of processing is going to make it interesting. I'd leave it out completely, or perhaps get a lot closer to the ground to try and make the grass more of a feature. Or you could cheat and shop something in, which I'm not above doing either

Would bracketing have worked without a filter to get more exposed foreground and then merged with those amazing looking skies shot with the filter? I'm just an amateur compared to Pete and you guys but just throwing my thoughts into the ring.

Back