Winter Starling

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
A nice sharp starling in good light. The almost glow a very cool deep green colour in good light.

Great capture. They’re a very under rated bird, they have some amazing colours when caught in the right light.

yeah so that's 3 days in a year in this country :D

As noted they are more colourful than many folk appreciate.

The one thing that struck me about your image is the almost "old style" convicts 'arrows on their uniforms'..........though they do go round in gangs that can intimidate other birds ;)

This is guys. All of your comments are appreciated

Les :(

"Excellent" shot, nuff said.

George.

That’s like a portrait, Les. Just the way it’s perching when you took the shot.

I’ve read they, like many species, are in decline so I‘m very pleased to see a flock of about 20 dropping into our garden lately for seed and fat balls that I put out on the ground early morning each day right next to a nasty thorny safe haven berberis.

In the short time I've been here, I've learned to look forward to your posts Les, as they're always high quality. This is a prime example, and beautiful picture.

That’s like a portrait, Les. Just the way it’s perching when you took the shot.
I’ve read they, like many species, are in decline so I‘m very pleased to see a flock of about 20 dropping into our garden lately for seed and fat balls that I put out on the ground early morning each day right next to a nasty thorny safe haven berberis.

Thank you John, in winter they don't seem to be still for a second

In the short time I've been here, I've learned to look forward to your posts Les, as they're always high quality. This is a prime example, and beautiful picture.

Thank you Luke- I'm glad you like my Photos :)

What a stunning bird, beautifully photographed.

Thank you Steve- comments are always appreciated

Glad to see it, almost forgotten what they look like, haven't. seen one locally in a while

Plenty down here on the Somerset Levels :)

Top work as usual, mate (y)

Russ

Cheers Russ - not a lot else to Photograph on my patch - the usual winter visitors are sat in the middle of a large lake- a tad far for my 600mm reach :)

Les :)

Back