With my 100-400mm + 1.4TC - ID required please

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Nice bird (y) I would've said Ruff's a good call Les but I too would be happy to be corrected :)

Do you retain auto focus,Les ? On my Canon 100-400 11 I lose auto focus and a stop with both the 1.4X and the 2X not that I have a 2X. I borrowed one.

Do you retain auto focus,Les ? On my Canon 100-400 11 I lose auto focus and a stop with both the 1.4X and the 2X not that I have a 2X. I borrowed one.

Not at all John the Sony Teleconverters keep all AF functions on that lens and the 200-600mm Obviously I loose a stop but I usually shoot around f8 to f11 so no big deal fior me - thats said they almost £500 each and I have 2 :( 1.4x and a 2x - Just bough the 1.4 this very week :)

The x2 I loose 2 stops but retaain all AF and electronic functions

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
merlin bird id app is really good hasent failed me yet

I never cease to be amazed by today's technology. It is, in effect, an adaptation of facial-recognition technology that is used for people. So, point the phone at the bird or show it a photo and the app does the rest. It won't be long before we don't need to think..:D

The app that ID's the song is very useful because quite often that's all there is as the bird is often hidden amongst foliage. Infact, I see that the Merlin app stores 29,000 bird song/calls

Back