Review with or wIthout Denoize AI?

The only time I've seen muted colours like that is when the colour reduction has gone to far

Not sure I would have bothered with denoise for 800 ISO; I tend to use it for 3200 or greater. The noise is hardly visible with the first image unless you zoon in. It is definitely reduced in the second image. I the colour seems slightly different this can readily be corrected in LR.

Dave

When you say you "ran it through Denoize" what levels were you using? here's one at ISO 2000 using 25 noise and 100 sharpness, it's also removed all the distractions :ROFLMAO:

Bearded tit1.jpg

Bearded tit1-2.jpg

Last edited:
I think denoize is set at 15 for NR and Sharpness. I think was default and also from a Youtube tutorial advice. I cropped the image first and got it to an exposure i was happy with (exposure slider only), then photo-edit in-denoize,
Denoize did its thing and exported it back to LR.
I then just copied and pasted all of the settings from the first photo, but removed the NR slider which was at 30 for the first photo.

As I said I use it only if there is some obvious noise and then set the NR to almost 50 but reduce sharpening to 0. If I need to sharpen I use Topaz Sharpen AI which also allows a mask so you only sharpen the areas you choose. Occasionally, if the image is just a family snap, I may just open Topaz Studio 2 and use AI Clear which includes DN and sharpening. This option is also available on DeNoise AI.

Dave

I think denoize is set at 15 for NR and Sharpness. I think was default and also from a Youtube tutorial advice. I cropped the image first and got it to an exposure i was happy with (exposure slider only), then photo-edit in-denoize,
Denoize did its thing and exported it back to LR.
I then just copied and pasted all of the settings from the first photo, but removed the NR slider which was at 30 for the first photo.

Pretty much the same workflow for me, LR - DeNoize - LR - Auto exposure and adjust from there, I've always left the exposure until after DeNoize has done it's thing, maybe give that a try.

Back