Witherslack Hall 6990

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
At Ramsbottom station today, couldn't decide which I preferred (colour or mono) so here's both...

witherslack-hall-2985.jpg

witherslack-hall-2988.jpg

Mono works best for me as well as the blue and grey coach spoils the period feel.

Mono for me. For some reason it seems to bring out more detail and look sharper as well.

One of my fave locos - Nicely mono'd :)

Thanks for all the comments, it's the first time for a while that I've photographed the trains at Ramsbottom Station.

But they're not the same image ....

Prefer the mono - steam engines should always be in mono :)

Thanks Steve. Yes, I know they're not the same but I had a number of images that were all fairly similar were I couldn't decide which I preferred the most.

But they're not the same image ....

Prefer the mono - steam engines should always be in mono :)

I looked carefully and the two images are indeed different, being intrigued I looked at the clock and the position of the man on the extreme right and I decided that the two images are either consecutive or at most two/three games apart if part of a series.

Are you a member of, or retired from, the CID? :D

I looked carefully and the two images are indeed different, being intrigued I looked at the clock and the position of the man on the extreme right and I decided that the two images are either consecutive or at most two/three games apart if part of a series.

Are you a member of, or retired from, the CID? :D

Hell NO!!!

I don't normally spot small details like that but it just jumped out at me for some reason.

either consecutive or at most two/three fames apart

They are 3 frames apart .... I also did a slightly different crop as the figure on the far right in the 1st image was half in/out on the second image

Back