Within Service Res - confined space entry

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Took the work's DSLR to a job today (Nikon D90) and stuck my 50mm f/1.4 on to get some natural light shots, mainly at 1600 ISO and f/1.6. Didn't use a tripod, just hand held and quick snaps TBH as I was part of the entry team.

Thought these might be something a bit different for the forum, albeit not the best images I could have got given a bit more time and a body with a bigger sensor.

Entry was initial vertical and then 70 meters horizontal into a 600mm pipe to perform some joint repairs to enable it back into service.

Pre entry checks

BR1.jpg

Prepping the airlines and rescue line

BR5.jpg

Ready to enter

BR3.jpg

Head first..........

BR4.jpg

Chilling

BR6.jpg

Looks a very interesting job. Almost like a set of shots from an X-Files movie, a secret government department working in a secret laboratory somewhere.:)

Interesting series, and I think you got some great compositions. I was expecting the camera to follow them down the hole though, so was a bit disappointed when I got to the end...

Interesting series, and I think you got some great compositions. I was expecting the camera to follow them down the hole though, so was a bit disappointed when I got to the end...

'In pipe' footage was captured via video camera mounted on his chest. Not seen footage yet myself!!

It's a difficult subject to put across to others who have never seen this sort of thing, so I think you've done pretty well here. The scary giant shadow in the first one makes it the standout shot for me. (y)

Back