Withington Manor cross country......

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Well the weather was a bit indifferent I'm guessing that's what kept the crowds away from what is an excellent horse trial, expertly run and a course
in fine condition, thankfully the rain on Saturday evening eased the going a touch. As usual there was plenty of action.
Here's a selection.

Please click on the photos for the larger view, thanks.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Some of the riders are very young, makes one feel even older, lol. A future champion maybe!

original.jpg

Last edited:
An excellent set, 2, 4, and 6 very good, well done.

Good sense of movement in 2 and 6.

Foreground and white marker spoil 3.

First one is a very good pic i like it.. then theres 4 pretty standard but well taken pics.. then the last one. I love the last one.. love the open space and the sense of freedom... it's a 10 from me for that one:)

Corny, Carlh and KIPAX,
thanks very much for looking and taking the time to give your views and comments, it's very much appreciated.

kind regards

tony

Number 4 is my favourite. Background puts the course in context, interesting jump, a few spectators behind, good look of concentration on the rider's face. In an ideal world I'd prefer it if that car wasn't parked there though! I like the foreground blur in number 3, I think it can often help to frame a photo and give it more depth, you have foreground, subject and background.

I like them all, but I like number 1 and 6 the most. How did you get the horse to look at you as he galloped past though? Very clever!!! :D

I like them all, but I like number 1 and 6 the most. How did you get the horse to look at you as he galloped past though? Very clever!!! :D
Thanks for your kind comments.
Actually just to my right there were some jovial people I think they caught the horses attention, it worked for me :)

Thanks Gibtheo and Peanut, appreciate you looking and taking the time to comment.
it"s appreciated

tony

Some lovely shot, I love No 6 The horse seems to be looking at you with a don't you dare step in front of me look.

Back