Witley Court over the lake...

My 2p, potential there, but to my mind the "framing" with the tree/bush is a bit overbearing and dominates the pic with large black area. Might be tempted to try judicious cropping on all sides to see what it looks like then.

Last edited:
My 2p, potential there, but to my mind the "framing" with the tree/bush is a bit overbearing and dominates the pic with large black area. Might be tempted to try judicious cropping on all sides to see what it looks like then.

Fair comment - maybe I should have swapped to the 35mm - that is one down-side to shooting primes - I could n't have step forward much without getting wet feet :p

I like the composition but would agree with the comment regarding the framing.

I would crop away some of the foliage and then attempt to reveal a little detail in the shadow areas if at all possible. I think it would work well then.

I'd certainly try cropping a fair bit off the top, although leaving a few of the overhead leaves in shot, and maybe a small amount off the LH side.

Back