Witley Court - same shot - three versions - pick your favourite.

I prefer 3 & the greens of the lawn, how about a mono in that as well :)

Of the 3 shown I think the B&W works best.

With the colour HDR the orange shading to the inside of the windows and arches looks a little odd to me and the sky in the last could do with the clouds, may be a grad layer in photoshop to bring them out?.

I prefer 3 & the greens of the lawn, how about a mono in that as well :)

Of the 3 shown I think the B&W works best.

With the colour HDR the orange shading to the inside of the windows and arches looks a little odd to me and the sky in the last could do with the clouds, may be a grad layer in photoshop to bring them out?.

Sky from 1, colours from 3...

Thanks for the comments, I really thought the HDR would be my favourite but looking at them again today I think the single image photo ninja processed RAW shows off the building and fountain the best, it sadly was n't the best sky so whilst I could get a bit more out of it with a grad layer in photoshop I don't want to over-do it and end up trying to squeeze something out of it that was n't there - but I will have a go. Sadly PN does not have a grad. option in the RAW processing tools like ACR does :(

The B&W photo makes the statue in the pond harder to see. If you were able to align so it had the path as its background it would stand out more clearly. That's why I prefer the colour versions. #3 makes the place look modern and crisp whereas #2 makes it look slightly older and worn.

Back