Woburn VIP experience (Bears / Tigers)

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
It was my other halves 40th birthday this weekend just gone and to mark the occasion we went on a mini zoo tour - and I booked an off road VIP experience at Woburn Safari Park. He picked the Bears and Wolves and the Tigers - and we got a bit of offroading in with the lions for free :)

It was really good fun and I would recommend it. It is not a specific photography experience - but the photo opportunities are obviously better than driving round yourself - and it was great to get so close and chat to the keeper about the animals. Anyway - a few of the shots I got on the experience of the bears / tigers are below - C&C welcome...

DSC_5100 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5106 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5112 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5071 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5076 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_5082 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
The pics are gorgeous.
The experience.... I'm so envious!

Cracking Fi!
Its tough call between 2 & 4

Cracking Fi!
Its tough call between 2 & 4

2 & 4 for me, looks like a great experience :)

Thanks both - we were really lucky to see the bear in the first two shots - it is Xanthos (who is dad of the cubs). Keeper was telling us how they go into a sort of semi hibernation - go off for a kip for a week / month at a time and then get up when they are hungry. She was just saying how she'd not seen him for a week and he popped up out of that hole, grabbed some grub and reversed straight back in again!

Lovely set, espcially #2

I noticed you got some of the Otter babes! I went up to Chester hoping to see theirs, but they didn't appear.

Lovely set, espcially #2

I noticed you got some of the Otter babes! I went up to Chester hoping to see theirs, but they didn't appear.

Thanks Nick - it was a very fleeting appearance of the tiny otters, we were lucky to be passing when we were. They were tremendously cute!

Ive never really had a good day at Woburn,and Im not really sure why. I didnt know they offered something for togs, but it looks like you got some decent keepers Fi.

Ive never really had a good day at Woburn,and Im not really sure why.
Its not my favourite place either, (and its even closer than Whipsnade).
I guess its because the "Rangers" shout at you when you wind down the window and stick your lens out :D
The Lemurs are fun though and they don't mind you stroking them, IF they approach you.

Not been to woburn for a while, did catch the bears fishing in the pool after feeding once, and lion cubs in the trees.
Lovely experience and great pictures :)

Its not my favourite place either, (and its even closer than Whipsnade).
I guess its because the "Rangers" shout at you when you wind down the window and stick your lens out :D

Only if the lookout forgets to do just that :p

Last edited:
In my defence though, he was "cloaked" until he got almost next to us before de-cloaking,
Sneaky bugger :D

In my defence though, he was "cloaked" until he got almost next to us before de-cloaking,
Sneaky bugger :D

Stop whinging at least you pulled a lemur :love:

(sorry Fi)

Back