Wolf Escape from Wolf Conservation Trust

Based on their Wolf Walk experiences they offer and wolves being pack animals, hopefully it'll be less elusive than a lynx.

Based on their Wolf Walk experiences they offer and wolves being pack animals, hopefully it'll be less elusive than a lynx.

As long as nobody gets trigger-happy! :(

Will be interesting to see how this turns out, I fear for the wolf!
Give it a few hours and there will be mass hysteria followed by panic and over-reaction from the police/media etc.
wolves are known to have a history of hunting down and killing humans, not.
cheers

Unfortunately you can’t bet your last pound some do gooding health and safety jobsworth will intervene and insist on a lethal end.

Great news indeed.

I did like the photo on the BBC news site of it being walked on (admittedly a chain) lead, looking quite calm. They seem to think he was deliberately let out. Okay, I agree that wolves are better running round in the wild than in captivity, but I certainly wouldn't release one. Unfortunately some people who will forget that their actions are likely to get the animal they 'care' so much about killed. It is really good news that he was recaptured unharmed.

There seems to be a spate of thing happening in zoos etc at the moment, I just hope it's not going to be a repeat of history :(

I did like the photo on the BBC news site of it being walked on (admittedly a chain) lead, looking quite calm. They seem to think he was deliberately let out. Okay, I agree that wolves are better running round in the wild than in captivity, but I certainly wouldn't release one. Unfortunately some people who will forget that their actions are likely to get the animal they 'care' so much about killed. It is really good news that he was recaptured unharmed.

Off topic but some bright spark wants them re-introduced to Scotland - bad idea. We're blessed without Bears and Wolves. It's safer for the public without them roaming free.

I was going to write 'better running around in the wild, but not in Scotland' but didn't.
But hey - nobody lives, works or does anything else in the Highlands, do they? Complete empty wilderness apart from the deer that need controlling. Er, no.
It's George Monbiot and his kind that need locking behind a fence. He's English.....................

more nutters out there than we think!
Couldn't agree more :(

But if its anything like the one near me, ( Anglia wolf soc.) The wolves are all imprints.

Off topic but some bright spark wants them re-introduced to Scotland - bad idea. We're blessed without Bears and Wolves. It's safer for the public without them roaming free.

I don't think wolves per se would be a problem for the public, but I have mixed feelings about a reintroduction in Scotland. Some animals are no longer resident in the because we are in the here and now and not many hundreds of years in the past.

I found this article, from the Walk Highlands site, interesting - www.walkhighlands.co.uk/news/consulting-on-wolves/0017312/

Where a reintroduction could be achieved without a serious impact I'm all for it. Unfortunately I can see conflicts occurring very easily which could result in the severe control or perhaps even eradication of the introduced animal.

However, I know I am against the current proposal from the Alladale Estate which as the article suggests is just a way of getting around legislation and the creation of a private zoo.

Dave

I'd hate for wolves and bears to be reintroduced up here. I love animals but fear for them with the halfwits in our society. No doubt there would be a minibus of Glesga neds heading up there in their tracksuits to try and touch one. Carnage.

Back