Wondering if this is a scam

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Got this on my Amazon page about my payment, i know that bank acount has plenty of money in, cant check while Monday so not doing anything about it until i have checked with the bank.

Capture.JPG

Looks like i only get it on this one link

Looks like i only get it on this one link
I had something similar on an eBay purchase that I tried to make, recently, regarding my PP account.
They wanted me to update my card details.

They can f*** right off, all the details are correct ..
Reported ..

BTW the same item was purchased from another seller with no issues

Looks like card past it's date?

Start with a new browser session and go to the Amazon home page. Click on Accounts & Lists ->Your Account -> Your payments. Are there any error messages next to your payment card?

Unless you have malware (try https://www.malwarebytes.com ) there shouldn't be any problems on Amazon's own site. Obviously if you clicked on what looks like a message from Amazon in an email it's possible you could be redirected to a fake site that wants to harvest your card details.

I'd suggest using a credit card rather than a bank debit card online, as this gives you additional protection from fraud.

I’ve had this before when my card has expired :)

I have always been sent an email to alert me to my card getting close to expiry date.

The OP could go into his Amazon account and delete the card then attempt a purchase (which will require card details to be entered manually) using the same card details. If there is a problem the card will be rejected.

Banks & credit card companies usually have a 24/7 contact number for suspected fraud. They can quickly check if there is a problem with a card.

If the bank has detected a suspicious attempt at a card transaction the card will be suspended automatically. That would cause Amazon to reject a purchase attempt.

Back