`Wondering`

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
This lady was miles away in deep thought and enjoying a coffee, whilst
I was right in her face, See my reflection in the window !!!!. Shooting with a 20mm lens
on `full frame` you can guess just how close I was... She was completely unaware..

Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• I wonder if.jpg
    I wonder if.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 64
I bet you wouldn't have done that if the subject was a big, tattooed, hairy biker?

Sorry, that's just too 'in your face' for my liking and just the sort of behaviour that's likely to offend the subject.

As for putting yourself in the frame too? :rolleyes:

She looks as though she is having a bad time to me?...Still, I wasn't there.....and wouldn't have been!

I bet you wouldn't have done that if the subject was a big, tattooed, hairy biker?

Sorry, that's just too 'in your face' for my liking and just the sort of behaviour that's likely to offend the subject.

As for putting yourself in the frame too? :rolleyes:
Thing is in terms of street photography, candid images taken up close are the done thing. The masters of street photography have done it. Look at the works of Garry Winogrand, Martin Parr, etc.. and many more. It was Robert Capa who said about your images not being good enough if you're not close enough..
Images taken through windows is also the done thing, the light is often fantastic, there can be many layers that can add depth and interest to the image, and that can include the reflection of the photographer. Depending the lighting and how the photographer shoots, the subject may never know the photographer is there. Look at the works of Saul Leiter and the work he did with shooting through windows.

a big hairy biker would have been a more interesting subject though

Back