Wontolla (My left foot) The full story on BBC iPlayer. UPDATE!

Morning Barry, didn't Sammi bring you any of her cake?

PS: Can I have your autograph?.

:LOL: Could be that some of your grey matter escaped before they did!

AFAIK, they didn't touch the actual brain - the tumour (still a scary word, even though I know it's all gone) was actually on the Dura (a protective membrane) and just pressing on the grey matter.

Good to see you keeping smiling after your own trials and tribulations - hope the smiles and laughter are continuing apace with what I hope will be a fast and complete recovery.

Didn't hear why you were walking in the grassy bit rather than on the path - was it a 2 wheeled terror forcing you off piste or something else?

sky+ it.

great name for the starting church

Yeh, I was worried about that when I was starting! We went to pay our respects to a sporting legend who is buried there, Dixie Dean.
Got some pics somewhere!

Hah! This prog makes my bellybutton feel funny. I will miss it too as I'm at the Doctors for an appointment at that time. Should be back to see the last 10 mins of Jeremey Kyleon ITV though...Those all important lie detector/DNA results..

Jeremy Kyle!!! :puke: some folks will watch anything.

Baz, I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling "low" at the moment, it is perfectly normal to feel this way post hospital stay.

Keep your chin up mate, you have lots of very good friends wishing you well :).

Andy

Thanks Andy, appreciate the sentiments. I was warned about the after effects but it don't prepare you much. Think its more about not being able to get out on the hills (and winter bowling league) but just had a couple of mates round (two of the old gits on the video) to watch it again, had a good laugh and a chinwag with coffee and biscuits!

Thanks Baz, I know how you must feel being down in the dumps Ive only been I'll and not able to go out for 18days, that was my first hour out, so 4 weeks must be well worse, and drive you crazy as your such an active walker, as said it was good to see you, looking forward to our barn trip, dont forget to record the TV

Didn't forget, recorded it it on both recorders just to make sure! And it's 7 weeks (almost) I have been stuck inside!

Programs starting now BBC1

Cheers!

:LOL:

Looked real bad Baz

Worse from where I was sat! My mate Dennis was saying that he thought I had broken my walking pole when he heard the 'snap' but realised I didn't have one with me!

Someone else just arriving. Will answer the rest of posters later! Sorry!

My mate Dennis was saying that he thought I had broken my walking pole when he heard the 'snap' but realised I didn't have one with me!

Yeah I heard him, looked painful as hell, I was cringing :eek::eek::eek:

Ade makes me laugh, hes non stop, int he, as I found out from the 1940s day and at the barn :LOL:

Right, i have about 1/2 hour before my curry comes! Special Byriani with Balti sauce.

Adie is a real comedian! comes out with some brilliant stuff and keeps us smiling (or sides hurting) all the time he is with us. Dennis is ok too (for a Yorkshireman) and loves a laugh while were are out.

Last edited:
Hehehe...so are we allowed to speak to you directly, or do we have to go through your agent now? :LOL:

Still the same bloke, people have tried to change me but to set in my ways! Fame won't change me either. Now wheres my signed photo's gone?

Morning Barry, didn't Sammi bring you any of her cake?

PS: Can I have your autograph?.

No cake i am afraid, but I did get her phone number! (y)

One signed pic on it's way, I take PayPal. :LOL:

AFAIK, they didn't touch the actual brain - the tumour (still a scary word, even though I know it's all gone) was actually on the Dura (a protective membrane) and just pressing on the grey matter.

Good to see you keeping smiling after your own trials and tribulations - hope the smiles and laughter are continuing apace with what I hope will be a fast and complete recovery.

Didn't hear why you were walking in the grassy bit rather than on the path - was it a 2 wheeled terror forcing you off piste or something else?

Cheers, must say feeling a bit better after my two little outings!

I WAS walking on the path, but the recent heavy rains had washed parts of it away and made lots of holes and gaps. The wet and warm conditions had accelerated growth and the heather had grown over the paths and holes!

We will have you out and running round mate, and soon! Even if I have to bring my wheelchair for you!

Just had a belting curry from Prestwich Balti! Pops and chutney as well.
Washed down with a glass (or two) of Wolf Blass Yellow Label (red Cab Sav)
Feeling quite mellow now!

Well, we have a star in our midst! I hope we're still good enough for you here at TP now you're famous! :p

They must have taken their time getting to you, looks like you had time to make yourself look pretty for the camera :D

Just watched it on BBC iPlayer.
Your mate made me laugh when you passed out, "Is he supposed to do that?" :LOL:
Didn't know how painful it was though, could see your hands shaking when they 'loaded you up'.

haven't watched it yet.. it's on sky+, but surely, a worthy candidate for a new "tag"

Thats Ade for you he even serenaded Baz :LOL: and " How many Bacon butties did you have" hes a star, Im always in stitches with him he just cant help his self :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Marcel said:
Well, we have a star in our midst! I hope we're still good enough for you here at TP now you're famous! :p

They must have taken their time getting to you, looks like you had time to make yourself look pretty for the camera :D

Didn't know how painful it was though, could see your hands shaking when they 'loaded you up'.

Don't worry, I'll still talk to you all, well I will untill I get a new name from you Marcel!

15 minutes from phone call to hovering over us is all it took which is pretty damn good in anyones book!

Dennis said that I think, he's a yorkshireman so dont know any better!

It hurt quite a bit, the shaking is from shock, I scratched my 40d!

Lynton said:
haven't watched it yet.. it's on sky+, but surely, a worthy candidate for a new "tag"

You can shurrup aswell!

Cheers, must say feeling a bit better after my two little outings!

I WAS walking on the path, but the recent heavy rains had washed parts of it away and made lots of holes and gaps. The wet and warm conditions had accelerated growth and the heather had grown over the paths and holes!

I thought you probably were - by the time the cameras were on you, you were lying fairly tight against the wall.

Unlike you, my hospital experience really did change me - several hundred percent for the better! (No exageration) Friends who saw me shortly before it can hardly believe I'm the same person, the change is that great (both large and fabulous!!!)

Stay away from hospitals whenever possible - they're full of sick people.

Nod.

wontolla said:
Cheers Andy! Feeling somewhat better, (curry and wine) maybe?

Ooooooh that looked painful ....

What a great bunch of mates you've got :-D

Was there any lunch left and did they bring you any ?

Don't worry, I'll still talk to you all, well I will untill I get a new name from you Marcel!

15 minutes from phone call to hovering over us is all it took which is pretty damn good in anyones book!

Dennis said that I think, he's a yorkshireman so dont know any better!

It hurt quite a bit, the shaking is from shock, I scratched my 40d!

ha ha.. i was well impressed with the time the seaking took to come and get me... and I thought the paramedic was humouring me when he said he would call them directly...

If I remember correctly, that earned me a "feet under the NHS!" tag.. :LOL:

Hope you are getting better

I thought you probably were - by the time the cameras were on you, you were lying fairly tight against the wall.

Unlike you, my hospital experience really did change me - several hundred percent for the better! (No exageration) Friends who saw me shortly before it can hardly believe I'm the same person, the change is that great (both large and fabulous!!!)

Stay away from hospitals whenever possible - they're full of sick people.

Nod.

Yeh, when I was falling I had my 40d and 70-200 slung around my left side so veered over to the right to protect it!

Glad some one got a positive from a stay in hospital mate! Although I have no real complaints about the treatment I recieved at Airedale.

ha ha.. i was well impressed with the time the seaking took to come and get me... and I thought the paramedic was humouring me when he said he would call them directly...

If I remember correctly, that earned me a "feet under the NHS!" tag.. :LOL:

Hope you are getting better

I just KNEW you would have a bigger chopper than me!

Ooooooh that looked painful ....

What a great bunch of mates you've got :-D

Was there any lunch left and did they bring you any ?

Yep, they are the best!

No lunch left and I didn't get any! but they did tell me what they had at Cracoe Cafe (the one at the farm)

I so watched it Baz.....Man I hope you feel better soon.

I just KNEW you would have a bigger chopper than me!

ha ha...

100% honest answer. At the time "Our as in East Anglia" AirAm was not night qualified..

Upside - flying over Breydon water, side door open as so warm, tilted a bit to give me a view...

downside - SK cannot put down at NNUH so 5 days in "Great" Yarmouth, shytehole of a "hostipal!"

Might get 30 mins to watch you tomorrow...

Back