Wontolla (My left foot) The full story on BBC iPlayer. UPDATE!

ha ha...

100% honest answer. At the time "Our as in East Anglia" AirAm was not night qualified..

Upside - flying over Breydon water, side door open as so warm, tilted a bit to give me a view...

downside - SK cannot put down at NNUH so 5 days in "Great" Yarmouth, shytehole of a "hostipal!"

Might get 30 mins to watch you tomorrow...

All I saw was the inside (roof) of the 'copter, but the Doc explained what everything was used for, so was ok!

Hope you got to watch it bud!

Barry...I watched it again ( am that sad)....you fainted, you lightweight! lmao!

(Kidding)

'Foggy' eh! :LOL:

Thats me! Comes from when I was in the jungle, the natives called me 'He who becomes obscure' as I kept falling down holes and dissapearing.
(or was it because I was thick?) (y)

Managed to watch this last night Baz. Always impressed with the work they carry out and the efficiency of their whole operation.

Hoping you're back out and walking your paths again soon. (y)

Your mates look like a good bunch, and no doubt many laughs are had together. loved the "Well we're off for lunch, see you" line :LOL:

Thats me! Comes from when I was in the jungle, the natives called me 'He who becomes obscure' as I kept falling down holes and dissapearing.
(or was it because I was thick?) (y)

You're not thick! Just gormless!! :p

[It's official - I saw it on TV]

Managed to watch this last night Baz. Always impressed with the work they carry out and the efficiency of their whole operation.

Hoping you're back out and walking your paths again soon. (y)

Your mates look like a good bunch, and no doubt many laughs are had together. loved the "Well we're off for lunch, see you" line :LOL:

Glad you enjoyed it Andrew!

Not expecting to be on the hills untill well after xmas, but should be doing easier walks by xmas (I hope!)

Couldn't ask for better mates Andrew, their sense of humour and mine are well matched and we always have good banter whilst out!

I have it on good authority he passed out again in the helicopter ;)

Marcel said:
I have it on good authority he passed out again in the helicopter ;)

I was passed in then out again :)

OK, a quick update for the odd TPer that might be interested!

Good news, my pot stays off and pain is all but gone, except when I forget and do things I shouldn't!
Ankle is very stiff, as is my knee, but doing exercices to build up muscles.

Bad news, after my visit this week, and x rays, the consultant at NMGH said the break in my Tibia (the one with the titanium rod in it) is not healing as much as it should, so, ANOTHER 4 weeks of not being able to put weight on it! Gutted! BUT, I have the 'itching' in my leg which normaly is a good sign the the bones are 'knitting' together.

Good news, he did say that in another week or two I can drive short distances as it will be good exercise for the leg. Also my ankle is looking good and has healed nicely.

So it looks like no walkies in the hills (or anywhere) this side of New Year, but hopefully will be able to get out in the car occasionaly.

Thanks once again to all of you wonderfull people out there who have sent messages of support and shown an interest in my little escapade!

JUSTDAVE, the flea market at Rivington has finished until next year so we will have to sort somewhere else for an outing, then go there next year!

That's great news. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery....hear that? Road...Not rickety overgrown path up a hill :p
Much safer :D

I'll drop that camera bag off this week :)

Marcel said:
That's great news. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery....hear that? Road...Not rickety overgrown path up a hill :p
Much safer :D

I'll drop that camera bag off this week :)

Safer, less painfull, but not half as much fun!

Cheers!

Good news your on the mend and the pain has subsided now.

Hope everything is okay with your bones and you don't need a further op :-(

How you finding NMGH ?

andyred said:
Good news your on the mend and the pain has subsided now.

Hope everything is okay with your bones and you don't need a further op :-(

How you finding NMGH ?

Hi Andy, how goes it mate?
I'll find out more in 3weeks time, but hoping to get the ok to put some weight on the leg!
It feels ok most of the time, but then when I do something i'm not supposed to do, it reminds me!
No problem with North Manchester, the staff are great and the Consultant is very good at explaining things.
Plus it's only 8 mins in a car!

Yes mate doing okay, thanks. Gearing up for. Christmas.

Glad your on the mend. Keep well and be careful. I'm sure you've been told by lots of people, but don't overdo things.

Yes 8 mins to NMGH is a bit nearer than an hour to Airedale.

Speak soon
A

Yayyyyy! I can walk!
Well, I could walk already, but only with two crutches.
After my hospital visit today the consultant said I can gradually transfer my weight onto my left foot and ditch the crutches!
Just got to take it easy for a while so my muscles can catch up.
Cannot tell you how much that means to me!
It's been 14 weeks since I fell down that ruddy hole! Seems like a lifetime.
Off out tomorow to The Shovels at Hambleton with all my walking buddies, its one of my mates, Daughters pub and the food is just great, looking forward to that!

Cheers Dave, a while before i venture up high again, but flat walks are on the cards for February!
Really cannot wait!

7649505-crutches-in-a-recycle-bin-used-to-hold-items-to-be-reduced-and-reused-to-help-the-environment--path-.jpg
way to go (y)

:) Nice one Gramps! Love it!

Just Dave said:
Brilliant news Baz, you soon be back on the fells again :)

Absolutely, as long as he does go out and doesn't report he "fell" over again ............ :-D

Last edited:
Absolutely, as long as he does go out and doesn't report he "fell" over again ............ :-D

Groan, not moor walking jokes! You do ramble on you lot! :)
Havn't forgotten about returning the crutches Andy!

wontolla said:
Groan, not moor walking jokes! You do ramble on you lot! :)
Havn't forgotten about returning the crutches Andy!

Haha

Glad your getting out and about.

I'd heard rummors about Heather being the problem and you falling for her :-D

All the best Baz
Andy

Last edited:
Back