Critique Woodland birds with a 7D2 and Tamron 150-600 - Picture added

Thanks Holty, Sandy, and Elvis, When I sold my 500 f/4 due to the weight and the years creeping by, I was sorry to see it go, but it wasn't practical for me any more. The Tammy isn't up to the same standard, and for the cost and it being a slower lens you wouldn't expect it to be, however, it is a very good second in my opinion. I think it has more capability than I have found yet, its still new to me, but I am definitely not disappointed.

After your helpful comments, I have changed the nutty pic, reduced the highlights, slight change to the WB in RAW, tweaked the exposure and clarity, what do you think, any better?

8Q2A0748_Nuthatch_15-03-18 by Trev4 Photography, on Flickr

I have been keeping an eye on this thread Trev but felt there was no real need to comment on the pics,the edit however is much better.The overall look to these is slightly diferent,but then shooting with a slightly diferent glass you would expect that.The fact is nowadays there are so many options available to us with regards to lenses,camera and a multitude of adjustable settings with both pieces of kit,that it does perhaps take that much longer to tweak it all to get it all performing nicely together.I am gonna send you a pm in a mo mate.

Here you go @Trev4

Nutty%20Trev_zpsbuiu6mdf.jpg

Thanks for your edit Rich. I've waited to make a comment as I was on my laptop and wanted to look properly on my calibrated PC. As far as I can tell, apart from a slightly looser crop, you have reduced the exposure, I say this because the whole picture as opposed to just highlights or shadows are reduced/changed, and I can see you have applied the unsharp mask a little more than I did. Other than that your processing looks very similar. Having said that, I do like your edit and feel that is has improved the picture.
Its always surprising how things look different when we are actually doing the PP, and sometimes we have to walk away for an hour or two, then when we return we see the image differently.
Thanks again and I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has any views on this (y)

Back