Woodland Tree

Edit My Images
No
I took this on a walk through the woods the other week. I'm very new to photography and even newer to woodland photography itself. I know shooting into the sun isn't often advised but I didn't see a way around it this time but I actually quite like it and I think it gives it a mystical look. Any feedback would be welcome.

Woodland by Matt Clegg, on Flickr

Last edited:
The greens are a tad too harsh for me and draw the attention away from the sunspot. I like the composition and overall feel of the image, but the colours are a bit over-cooked for my liking.

Colours and greens look particularly good - it's the strong hot spot in the ground that pulls my eye. For this reason I usually avoid shooting into the sun. It's a cool composition but for another time of day

I like the scene and the colour. I think more of a panoramic image cutting the sun out and some closer foreground would work but that's just me and we all look at things differently.

It's a nice composition and colours are great, but the "sunstar" ruins it for me. I've never seen the fascination of whacking a massive distraction into an image. I'd crop it into a landscape orientation, from just under the sun and take the rest off the bottom losing that wee hotspot on the ground.

Back