South-West England Wookey Hole cave photography

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know if tripods are allowed / frowned upon in the caves themselves?

During covid it's a self-guided tour so hopefully will have more time to stroll around / wait for an opportunity.

Anyone here have any experience?

Thanks in advance,

Terry.

The last time I was there, it was hand-held only and no flash. Obvious why no flash, but apparently the tripod was a 'trip hazard'.

Mind you, that was over forty years ago - things may have changed now. Call or email their office.

Cheers Trevor, yes around 40 years for me too as it happens.

I'll take the travel tripod just in case

Many thanks.

Reactions: Sky
They can only say no, so worth a try huh? ;)

In a similar situation (Dictean Cave in Crete - no tripods), I used one of THESE held down on a hand rail. Not cheap but I expect you could create something similar for a couple of quid, or just use a bean bag.

The last time I was there, it was hand-held only and no flash. Obvious why no flash, but apparently the tripod was a 'trip hazard'.

Mind you, that was over forty years ago - things may have changed now. Call or email their office.

If it was no tripods back then I can't see rules relaxing with today's h&s.

Still worth taking one though just in case.

Thats a cracking image, I've done some cave stuff before and it was all multiple ocf. I think I'd like to visit an actual lit cave!

Cheers David,

I've clumsily removed the purple light sources from the right of the image but it's good enough for now.

Need to learn ho to do it in PS not LR

Back