Words fail me

I heard this in the car today, eager photographers were mentioned!

Such a shame, I went to Horsey a few years back and it was great, much quieter the Donna Nook, but it
seems it's popularity has increased since then and it's going the same way
Why don't people respect nature

Many behaviours of human beings often make me ashamed to be of the same species….This is just another very sad confirmation of how stupid, ignorant and selfish we, as people, can be.

Why don't people respect nature

This is why I never give sensitive locations away, it's only a matter of time before a burger van becomes more useful than a camera.

Grinds my gears.

I couldn't even bring myself to click on the link. :(

While not as extreme we have the same problem in our local parks. Dogs and kids/toddlers chasing the wildlife mostly ducks and geese. It's especially bad when juvenile ones are out.

These people absolutely get my blood boiling!

Re: the seals ~ and should any of those oh so eager (ignorant/selfish/ill-disciplined/inconsiderate ~ take your pick or add others as appropriate) folk be attacked & bitten or injured by the cows or maybe even a bull...... they would of course want to blame someone other than themselves!

Sadly it's nearly as bad in some nature reserves, Kenfig for example, it's more like crufts than a nature reserve, dogs chasing everything in sight, even swimming out into the lake to chase ducks ect.

Re: the seals ~ and should any of those oh so eager (ignorant/selfish/ill-disciplined/inconsiderate ~ take your pick or add others as appropriate) folk be attacked & bitten or injured by the cows or maybe even a bull...... they would of course want to blame someone other than themselves!

Yes. There seem to be people who, when anything happens to them immediately look to apportion blame on anyone/thing/organisation other than themselves. I can imagine those who want photos of themselves with stags in Richmond Park, and elsewhere during, the rut really getting outraged if they got hurt.

Seems some cannot leave things alone.

Dave

Apparently .. they used to mainly stay on a sandbank some way out but a windfarm has been built there and they don't like it so far more pressure on space along the beach.
Numbers have considerably increased in total too, with about 4000 adults and at least 2000 pups on the 10 miles or so between Winterton and Sea Palling

Sadly it's nearly as bad in some nature reserves, Kenfig for example, it's more like crufts than a nature reserve, dogs chasing everything in sight, even swimming out into the lake to chase ducks ect.

About 3-4 years ago there was a new local amenity site that opened to the public.

I visited within the first month and though the 'reserve' area was fenced with what I would call air lock gates (two separate gates with a gap meaning in practice ~ never both open at the same time) there were no signs present stating that that area was a dog exclusion zone (they had miles of other walk areas nearby).

I wrote to the contact I had maintained in regard to 'please let me know when opened....' and I was disappointed in the (then?) low/lack of interest as to why the missing signs were a problem and when it would corrected?

I have yet to go back for another visit :(

Last edited:
While not as extreme we have the same problem in our local parks. Dogs and kids/toddlers chasing the wildlife mostly ducks and geese. It's especially bad when juvenile ones are out.

These people absolutely get my blood boiling!

A couple of years ago the wife and I were at Thatcham Nature Reserve and I got into a slanging match with a parent as he was letting his 2 boys "chase the ducks"... FFS, it says "Wildlife Reserve" on the gate, have they got no idea how to bring children up? Didn't like when I shouted at his kid as he actually swung his foot at Mallard.

Cretins.....

I was visiting a local woodland wildlife centre in early spring and spotted a nice large group of fungi in perfect condition. I paused while a family of four went past. The young teenage boy turned and kicked the fungus like a football and in seconds totally destroyed it. The parents then applauded him and they moved on; they had probably only intended to stomp on all the Bluebells. Normally, I would have made a fuss anyway but on this occasion, I was lost for words as the action was approved by the parents.

Dave

I was visiting a local woodland wildlife centre in early spring and spotted a nice large group of fungi in perfect condition. I paused while a family of four went past. The young teenage boy turned and kicked the fungus like a football and in seconds totally destroyed it. The parents then applauded him and they moved on; they had probably only intended to stomp on all the Bluebells. Normally, I would have made a fuss anyway but on this occasion, I was lost for words as the action was approved by the parents.

Dave

Right, not everyone may view such an action as anti-social but to applaud an act which is nothing short of a vandalistic act is oh so sad! No doubt they would also praise him for other equally questionable acts, so what sort of adult will he be....to pass it along to the next generation :(

Back