Working over Xmas?

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
I have to work over the majority of the Christmas period, as it's all part & parcel of the job (if only babies could be born Mon-Fri 9-5 it would be fab!). I'm working a night shift on Christmas Eve, then have to get up and go and be jolly whilst eating Xmas dinner :rules:

Is anyone else working too?

I also getthe priveledge of working Christmas as well as Christmas eve. Fortunetly I work a hotel job so it shouldn't be too bad.

Ahh but think of the poor babies who are born on Christmas they're stuck for the rest of their lives with a crappy birthday! Working on Christmas is horrible and I feel for you but hopefully you can deliver a nice healthy baby and make it all worth while. All of you who have to work thanks for making our lives better!

Working tomorrow and boxing day but have the main event off. I'm off for a couple of days before new year but back to work on the second.

I'm working tomorrow and boxing day, but I have new years off. I'm a bit of a bah humbug so I'm not too bothered about working.

I said i'll go into the office on Wednesday.......don't recall mentioning the W word though :eek:

Ahh but think of the poor babies who are born on Christmas they're stuck for the rest of their lives with a crappy birthday! Working on Christmas is horrible and I feel for you but hopefully you can deliver a nice healthy baby and make it all worth while. All of you who have to work thanks for making our lives better!

I really hope I get to deliver a baby on Christmas morning..... I've been a midwife for 10 years (and worked about 8 Christmases) but have yet to deliver a baby on Christmas day.

My wife always worked Christmas (as shes a Care Assistant), BUT this year she is not working Christmas or Boxing - just New Years Eve. It even means she can have New Years Day off which is great as its my middle childs birthday.

I used to work in a Cathedral - and so was a bit busy on Christmas. Such that I've seen myself and one of the other Virgers have a fray bentos pie for Christmas Dinner - or another year a cheese sandwich, before crashing out. Who invented Midnight Mass, and then Mattins?.... no sleep for the wicked ;)

It's not nice working over Christmas - but I'm sure everyone appeciates you for it :) - We do! :hug:

Nope, I'm unemployed (or should that be unemployable :D ).

All the best to those of you who are working.

I'm not working over christmas (well not properly because I'm a househusband so will be at home with the kids). My wife works in a nursery so she is off now till the beginning of January, which is nice.

I always used to hate working over christmas, when I did work (on the buses mainly).

So I do understand and really appreciate those who DO work over christmas, especially those who work in essential services like yourself, or the police / fire / ambulance etc.

Just think if you get to deliver a baby on Christmas Day :D

My shift working over Christmas days are behind me although I did quite like it in a bah humbug sort of way!
Hope you get to deliver a baby on Christmas Day - If its a girl make sure they name it after you Cheryl :crying: (if its a boy they can call it Noel or something cheesy :puke: )
Paul ;)

im not working for the next 8 days...bliss!

means i can do some of those things on the forum i keep meaning to do...now where is that ban button.....

im not working for the next 8 days...bliss!

means i can do some of those things on the forum i keep meaning to do...now where is that ban button.....

No point mate, I can just unban myself :D

im a chef so working all over christmas got the night off so that a bonus done it for best part of thirty years so got into the spirit of it now wishing everyone a good christmas

I'm working tomorrow (overtime) then off for 5 days then back to work the following Saturday and Sunday(more overtime), Off New Years Day, then back to work as normal on Tuesday.

I may be doing overtime tomorrow too... there is a real shortage of midwives for tomorrow. Looks like I might be working a few hours tomorrow lunchtime doing all the home visits, then going on to do the night shift later :eek:

I have a few more 'hand jobs' tomorrow as a certain person who shall remain nameless referred to my manicure clients today! :eek:
A few days grace before I start again for the New Years parties.

Min hope you get a Chrimbo baby, would be lovely for you and the least those inconsiderate little bundles can do after being called into the workplace!

Working out of hours cover xmas eve -> 28th and then New years eve -> 5th lots of money on pay day but its hellishly anti social.

Mini- not being funny but isn't a well rested midwife needed? I mean you don't want to be sleeping on your job?!

I've got three weeks off and am currently smashed on a good single malt (Balvennie 10yr with a Balvennie 12-yr to follow...).:LOL:

I found a home in the Army, doncha know...

Mini- not being funny but isn't a well rested midwife needed? I mean you don't want to be sleeping on your job?!

Yeah, but I think a well rested midwife is up on the list with Santa and the tooth fairy! I've worked from 11am - 3.30pm today, then back to do the night shift. It's sooo busy there today - I think everyone is desperate to squeeze the little blighters out in time for Xmas :LOL:

I think everyone is desperate to squeeze the little blighters out in time for Xmas
Cheers Min! How many pints will it take before that picture is out of my head :bonk:
Paul

I'm working today until about 10am tomorrow and then back in on Boxing Day. Then I've got 5 days off.

Xmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day for me then back to work until New Years Day.

Should make plenty of money with the Sale started in the shop though. :)

My cousin had a baby yesterday afternoon her second one, both are born within two weeks of christmas, makes buying presents more difficult.

I start nights tomorrow night (christmas day) much to matts disgust. First of four.

LOL Sssshh you two'll scare her away....hehe

Well, I'm rather pleased to say, that after 10 years of waiting, I finally got to deliver the first Christmas day baby in the hospital where I work.... a baby boy, born at 00.58hrs weighing 7lb :D That made it all worth going to work!

Awww! Min that is soo great to hear. :)
Makes it worthwhile actually going in then.
Hope there was no complications involved for you (and mum) & that the little saviour ... I mean baby, is a healthy one!:D

That's fantastic news Min (y)
What did they call him? Noel? Jesus? Dave? Bob?

aww...how lovely..!!

My sister is a community midwife and she did a home delivery this morning of a healthy baby girl...she kept me informed by text which was fun! Imagine clearing that mess up and then going home to a Christmas Dinner..... eugh!!

congrats Min, makes it all worthwhile

Well, I'm rather pleased to say, that after 10 years of waiting, I finally got to deliver the first Christmas day baby in the hospital where I work.... a baby boy, born at 00.58hrs weighing 7lb :D That made it all worth going to work!

Any pics of the occasion. :puke: :puke:

Trust you !!!

Now I have this image stuck in my head of Cheryl setting up her tripod and asking the happy parents if they mind doing that again because the lighting was not quite right.

Back